gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow my Raptor with a 6.2 gets that mileage and I bag the **** out of it

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We drove down to lake Havasu ( couple hours south of Vegas) on the kids spring break, on the way down, canopy on pushing a head wind 17.0-17.5... After a couple of tanks of u.s. Fuel, I was down to 16, last fuel up was in Mesquite, and I drove the rest of the week in Havasu on the same tank. Coming home, no head wind to speak of, 13-13.5l/ 100km. Get back into AB and it climbed steady up to 16.8 till I got home, and it's been between that and 17.5 since then. Maybe my truck likes the taste of Yankee gas better than the AB gas. Oh, I should mention, that the cruise was set at 120 from home all the way down there and back.

Sent from my iPad

You might want to get your eb checked out I'd say there is something wrong with it if you are running 17.5l/100 empty, unless you had a Big load packing the whole fam and gear. I put 90k on one worst I saw driving hard was 15-15.5/100, normal highway at 120 was 12-14

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You might want to get your eb checked out I'd say there is something wrong with it if you are running 17.5l/100 empty, unless you had a Big load packing the whole fam and gear. I put 90k on one worst I saw driving hard was 15-15.5/100, normal highway at 120 was 12-14

I'm getting same bs mileage with mine as he is tailpipe is black way over fueling complain ford tests it's all within our range of 11-16.5 litres per 100 km they try blaming tires and driving technique. I said well why was I getting 13 when I bought the truck with same tires etc. don't think you were sir. Lol fu
Finally got all coils and plugs replaced, for the second time in 80 000 km, ran good for 5000 km good mileage as well. now back to crappy milage again but still running at least

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen as good as 11.4 on a trip from bville to McBride on a warm day with sled in box

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of longevity are people seeing out of the EB? Anyone had theirs past 120 on the odometer? Are the problems with them overblown or just on a handful of trucks?

Found two lariats i like; just a matter of picking a motor lol.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting same bs mileage with mine as he is tailpipe is black way over fueling complain ford tests it's all within our range of 11-16.5 litres per 100 km they try blaming tires and driving technique. I said well why was I getting 13 when I bought the truck with same tires etc. don't think you were sir. Lol fu
Finally got all coils and plugs replaced, for the second time in 80 000 km, ran good for 5000 km good mileage as well. now back to crappy milage again but still running at least

I have the same thing, tailpipe is black, Zender said that they didn't know what to do, said I'd either have to live with it or get rid of it.

What kind of longevity are people seeing out of the EB? Anyone had theirs past 120 on the odometer? Are the problems with them overblown or just on a handful of trucks?

I think it's just some, we have a bunch of these at work ( they're rigged as pilot trucks). Some are having the same problems, others are running like tops. I think she's a roll of the dice. My brother in law has one, and he hasn't had any issues with his yet. He only has about 20K on his so far though. You can see the lifetime average fuel mileage if they're loaded up. Just look onto the info screen inbetween the speedo and tach, and go to the fuel economy, there is a trip A and a trip B, and then the next one down from that should give you the life fuel average. Might give you an indication. Mine is showing 17.6 L/100km, I believe.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing, tailpipe is black, Zender said that they didn't know what to do, said I'd either have to live with it or get rid of it.

I think it's just some, we have a bunch of these at work ( they're rigged as pilot trucks). Some are having the same problems, others are running like tops. I think she's a roll of the dice. My brother in law has one, and he hasn't had any issues with his yet. He only has about 20K on his so far though. You can see the lifetime average fuel mileage if they're loaded up. Just look onto the info screen inbetween the speedo and tach, and go to the fuel economy, there is a trip A and a trip B, and then the next one down from that should give you the life fuel average. Might give you an indication. Mine is showing 17.6 L/100km, I believe.

Yup took a lot of biotch ing but finally got them to go on it after ford warranty was over and I was on the aftermarket ext warranty
Would be nice oh always have the better economy though

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Think it's a crap shoot both my brother in laws have ecoboost and love them. Nowhere near my mileage yet though just rolled 92000k
Stay away from the 11s that's what mine is worst year for them apparently if you can get into a 13 or 14 you should be good

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I have a 13. No issues with it so far, but I only have 28,000 on it. Driving hard (120-140) it sucks back the fuel averaging around 16L/100k best I got was 12L/100k at 100kph. Most times it's around 14 though.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hit 100,000km this weekend with my 2011 Eco. Only issue I've had is all 6 of my coils were shot at 70,000km. I had bad mileage and stumble. The dealer did the intercooler update but that didn’t fix anything. The next trip in they found all the coils were shot and put in new coils and plugs. Since then it’s run better than it did new. Mix city/highway I get 13.5-14 L/100KM. My winter tires add 1 L/100 KM to that. With 3.73 gears it averages 22-24 L/100 with my 27’ enclosed. Very happy with it.

Last edited:

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just hit 100,000km this weekend with my 2011 Eco. Only issue I've had is all 6 of my coils were shot at 70,000km. I had bad mileage and stumble. The dealer did the intercooler update but that didn’t fix anything. The next trip in they found all the coils were shot and put in new coils and plugs. Since then it’s run better than it did new. Mix city/highway I get 13.5-14 L/100KM. My winter tires add 1 L/100 KM to that. With 3.73 gears it averages 22-24 L/100 with my 27’ enclosed. Very happy with it.

Nice finally nice to hear good news of an 2011. Mine hit 96000 this morning been good since all could and plugs replaced as well just mileage seems crappy mt getting 22-24 as well loaded pulling the 33' holiday trailer with dual slides

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to my dealer and others bad coils was somewhat common for the 2011's. There were a couple F150's in the shop same time as mine having the coils replaced. With about the same mileage. It also wasn't just limited to the Eco. :twocents:

Rob Dawe

Reaction score
Hi, speaking strictly as a Ford trained technician, I would recommend the 5.0 over the ECOBOOST, especially if you choose to buy used. For one, you never know how it was driven, or if the previous owner knew how to drive a turbo charged vehicle. I replaced a turbo on an F150 tha failed due to a couple of factors, customer had aftermarket air intake system installed and there were signs that the vehicle was not allowed to idle before shutting down, therefore creating extra stress and wear on the turbo itself. Also fuel mileage is not much different between the 2 engines, except for when towing a trailer, and in most cases the 5.0 got the better mileage.

Hope this helps.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, speaking strictly as a Ford trained technician, I would recommend the 5.0 over the ECOBOOST, especially if you choose to buy used. For one, you never know how it was driven, or if the previous owner knew how to drive a turbo charged vehicle. I replaced a turbo on an F150 tha failed due to a couple of factors, customer had aftermarket air intake system installed and there were signs that the vehicle was not allowed to idle before shutting down, therefore creating extra stress and wear on the turbo itself. Also fuel mileage is not much different between the 2 engines, except for when towing a trailer, and in most cases the 5.0 got the better mileage.

Hope this helps.

Hey thanks for the info. Yeah sort of leaning on just buying new because of that. One thing is that a 5.0 is a lot harder to find sitting on a lot that's for sure. I would be a little less hesitant to go Eco if I were the first guy to drive it and had warranty from the onset. It's hard to pass on that low end torque and jam.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I like best about my Eco is cruising down the highway with my enclosed trailer at 1800 rpm. As an ex-diesel guy I appreciate that.

Moose

Reaction score
as I posted before I have a 2011 that has 123665km on it right now(its a work truck lots of leases and gravel roads) only had the recall for the intercooler and a couple of he coils were done at same time and its been good. also pull a 31' camper with it

skidoo6100

Reaction score
2011 Ecoboost with 183,000 now. Plugs twice, and just changed the intercooler. Intercooler from Ford was only $200 and some and mine was so plugged with little rocks it cant be good for the turbos and fuel mileage. Tows full dump trailers at work (firestone airbags), and full sled trailers to the mountains. Lots of Highway kms.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as I posted before I have a 2011 that has 123665km on it right now(its a work truck lots of leases and gravel roads) only had the recall for the intercooler and a couple of he coils were done at same time and its been good. also pull a 31' camper with it
hope fully I have the same luck. Really like the truck drove a 5.0l and it seemed to have jam as well.

phatboy07

Reaction score
A key theme here is spark plugs....as good preventative maintenance the Ecoboost spark plugs need to be changed every 30 to 40 thousand Km...easy to do once you've done it once. Plug gap should be set to 0.030 to 0.032. SPF 534 (stock on 13 up models and not to expensive). This has been found to be overlooked by Ford and to me is one of the big causes of issues people are seeing. So far I have 25000 km....15000 Km Tuned with spark plugs gapped a little tighter (prevents spark blowout due to higher boost from being tuned). Truck runs like a scalded dog with better mileage when I want it.

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plugs every 30 to 40 k and coils at 75. Glad I didn't buy one.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom