5” of rain in 24hrs! The earth is angry!!

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am currently writing this from the seat of my truck, where I’ve been sleeping for the 3rd night in a row, stuck in Hope BC.

We were stuck at a landslide Sunday night just outside Hope, near Ruby creek till 2am. With very little info online and from emergency crews. I walked up the highway where they were unloading front end loaders. We decided to head back towards Hope, the power was down, no stores open. Power came back on as we went to sleep, ran to the store and got food quick.

Woke up in the truck Monday, the power was on, we thought things were fine, went to the gas station and the power died again. No stores open, no food, no water. We finally found a lady driving around on her rim with a kid in the SUV. She said there was an esso with a generator, went there and got food/water. Still no updates, just drivebc which kept saying nothing!

Slept another night in the truck, they opened the school and churches to the stranded, which are literally everywhere. Trucks and cars parked with people at every parking lot.

Today, still very little info coming in as to road status. Some highways are critically destroyed as we can tell from social media pics. We have stocked up with water and food for a few days in the truck. I just spoke to a BC hydro guy, he’s literally the only guy in town, he personally hooked up the power to this town, there is one line, the poll is broke and half in water, he said he used broke pieces on the ground to splice it together.

The fuel station that I just topped up at is cleared out of water and most food. He said they will be out of fuel by later tonight or tomorrow morning.

People are everywhere here with no updates and no ideas what is going on. Literally people flying out on choppers. It’s at the point where I’m going to abandon the truck here and charter a chopper tomorrow if we can find one.

Things are pretty serious here. There was no flood or any kind of warnings. Washington and USA had flood warning going off. They (government) seem to be very disorganized and under prepared.

There is so many families, elderly, young children, pets etc here, yet flooding continues to get worse in Abbotsford and still no emergency declared, mind blowing. This is a massive natural disaster.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel for you, i have a buddy stuck there as well, hope to get him out this morning. He has been doing the same

take care and hope it all works out for you

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel for you Merc. Don't worry Trudeau will find a way to fit in a surfing trip to Tofino and maybe....................make a trip to your area while there to wish you luck because thats what Canadians expect and want and he has your back.

wilson74

Reaction score
I am currently writing this from the seat of my truck, where I’ve been sleeping for the 3rd night in a row, stuck in Hope BC.

We were stuck at a landslide Sunday night just outside Hope, near Ruby creek till 2am. With very little info online and from emergency crews. I walked up the highway where they were unloading front end loaders. We decided to head back towards Hope, the power was down, no stores open. Power came back on as we went to sleep, ran to the store and got food quick.

Woke up in the truck Monday, the power was on, we thought things were fine, went to the gas station and the power died again. No stores open, no food, no water. We finally found a lady driving around on her rim with a kid in the SUV. She said there was an esso with a generator, went there and got food/water. Still no updates, just drivebc which kept saying nothing!

Slept another night in the truck, they opened the school and churches to the stranded, which are literally everywhere. Trucks and cars parked with people at every parking lot.

Today, still very little info coming in as to road status. Some highways are critically destroyed as we can tell from social media pics. We have stocked up with water and food for a few days in the truck. I just spoke to a BC hydro guy, he’s literally the only guy in town, he personally hooked up the power to this town, there is one line, the poll is broke and half in water, he said he used broke pieces on the ground to splice it together.

The fuel station that I just topped up at is cleared out of water and most food. He said they will be out of fuel by later tonight or tomorrow morning.

People are everywhere here with no updates and no ideas what is going on. Literally people flying out on choppers. It’s at the point where I’m going to abandon the truck here and charter a chopper tomorrow if we can find one.

Things are pretty serious here. There was no flood or any kind of warnings. Washington and USA had flood warning going off. They (government) seem to be very disorganized and under prepared.

There is so many families, elderly, young children, pets etc here, yet flooding continues to get worse in Abbotsford and still no emergency declared, mind blowing. This is a massive natural disaster.
Stay safe. Thoughts and prays to you, and all the families out there. Sounds like the BC Hydro guy is a local hero.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should throw a couple more dams in with some turbines to capitalize on the green energy

Last edited:

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They put out warnings for Abbotsford to evacuate, especially low lying areas, as the dykes around the canals are above max level, and they're worried they could suddenly burst... That would be catastrophic

All those times we "joked" I wish it would fall into the ocean.....Careful what we wish for lolol jk

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
RV dealership in Abbotsford that is surrounded by water is burning up WTF , where does it end. Just to add a little more into the mix the fire is close to high voltage lines .
FEBFA35B-E316-4639-B667-2F54D6DC418D.jpeg

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Troy is at the airport trying to get a chopper out. He's on the waiting list. Leaving his truck behind and hoping for the best. He says there's 5-8 choppers coming in and going all the time. These are all private company choppers, where is the military. Troy says no military anywhere. Wow. He says private guys are dropping boxes of supplies no government help no military what so ever.

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Troy is at the airport trying to get a chopper out. He's on the waiting list. Leaving his truck behind and hoping for the best. He says there's 5-8 choppers coming in and going all the time. These are all private company choppers, where is the military. Troy says no military anywhere. Wow. He says private guys are dropping boxes of supplies no government help no military what so ever.

Any bets on how long till China or UN comes to rescue and/or invade ?

Top Bottom