34 vs 36

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its not a huge amount, I did however also center my bushings into the middle position so it is 35”, but the ski rubbers won’t smash them out

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mines on
Its not a huge amount, I did however also center my bushings into the middle position so it is 35”, but the ski rubbers won’t smash them out
I’m riding mine on 34. I don’t really notice a difference. It definitely fits the trees better. Remarkably stable on the trail especially coming off a tippy alpha

tyman212

Reaction score
My buddy has a 20 expert his skis in the narrowest, my 22 skis are in the middle position. Couldn’t notice a difference between them, swapping back and forth. Both 154s. Snow was the usual, base underneath with around a foot of softer stuff on top. Believe they measure 1.25” narrower outside edge to outside edge of the skis on my sled vs the 20.

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[i made my own billet spindles] I had a 34" ski stance the last two seasons on my 17x154x3.0, and smacked up a spindle on the last ride of the season. Ive got the 36 back in and the ride on sunday I think its takes a little bit more abrupt input to get the sled on its edge to initiate a countersteer in a foot of fresh snow.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[i made my own billet spindles] I had a 34" ski stance the last two seasons on my 17x154x3.0, and smacked up a spindle on the last ride of the season. Ive got the 36 back in and the ride on sunday I think its takes a little bit more abrupt input to get the sled on its edge to initiate a countersteer in a foot of fresh snow.
hit print on the CNC and sell a few sets!

Dynamo^Joe

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't do that "make a few sets" because of the rampant copying, then being a victim of market timing. You have to do all the work in the background and and then "pearl harbor" a surprise attack and knock em' on their arse to make a lag in their reaction time. Have other irons in the fire that need to be forged first before i go all-out on the spindle effort.

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't do that "make a few sets" because of the rampant copying, then being a victim of market timing. You have to do all the work in the background and and then "pearl harbor" a surprise attack and knock em' on their arse to make a lag in their reaction time. Have other irons in the fire that need to be forged first before i go all-out on the spindle effort.

Sent you a pm

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im not sure im sold on this 34" front end yet. Could be the racer in me though. It certainly handles easier with less effort. I also notice how easily it fits in tight spots. I know its only 2" but you sure notice it. My problem is with the trail manners its super sketchy. get moving on the whoops too fast and it feels like its going to speed wobble out of control. Corners terrible. Trail manners arent really a factor in creating a good mountain sled but just know that its 100% worse than it already was.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know its only 2" but you sure notice it.
That's what the Doo camp is getting excited about this year eh?

Just kidding.

Dave seemed pretty excited about it, but sometimes it's hard to tell, he is a master salesman.

Wanna talk about a rowdy trail ride, check out the Alphas. Summit handles like a trail machine compared to them.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also have mine centered at 35” I find these sleds so friendly to ride I can’t say I noticed too much difference for sure more dart on the trails.

Top Bottom