3 place enclosed

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are people's thoughts on 3 place enclosed trailers?
I had a larger enclosed a few years ago and got tired of dragging a SuperB around and sold it and have just ran a deck but I'm thinking of getting a smaller enclosed, mostly for two sleds but would like to be able to squeeze in a third occasionally, thinking of an Aluminium 18x 8.5 deckover Mission. Would this work,typically there would be one 175 in it! I'm not really interested in a smaller 4 place, kinda want the smallest 3 place that would work

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smaller trailer is easy towing and parking, if you don’t need a large trailer i would go smaller. Was a deck guy for a long time and sure hard to let go of the enclosed now, everything secure, clean and warm. I also store my sleds in it so another plus.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smaller trailer is easy towing and parking, if you don’t need a large trailer i would go smaller. Was a deck guy for a long time and sure hard to let go of the enclosed now, everything secure, clean and warm. I also store my sleds in it so another plus.
Yeah, when all your riding buddies say they love decks but seem to enjoy changing inside a warm trailer.....LOL

Scotts, I got a 16' V-nose and fits 3 sleds. Drive 1 in and back the other 2 in. Little tight walking around but not that big of a deal.

sleded1

Reaction score
I went from an 8.5 X 24 plus v to a 7x18 and its awesome. You can actually see way better behind you, pulls with ease, fits 3 sleds (not confirmed yet)
Get what fits YOUR stuff, the rest of the people can find their own way.... go smaller... its way less stressful

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from an 8.5 X 24 plus v to a 7x18 and its awesome. You can actually see way better behind you, pulls with ease, fits 3 sleds (not confirmed yet)
Get what fits YOUR stuff, the rest of the people can find their own way.... go smaller... its way less stressful
Exactly! I'd rather drive out myself than have four guys in a truck and be waiting endlessly for somebody to buy lunch or take a dump! I'm a bit partial to the 8.5 deckover, I know the 7.5 pull quite a bit better but I just like the space in the bigger trailer!

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, when all your riding buddies say they love decks but seem to enjoy changing inside a warm trailer.....LOL

Scotts, I got a 16' V-nose and fits 3 sleds. Drive 1 in and back the other 2 in. Little tight walking around but not that big of a deal.
What is the width? Would it still fit 3 with 175's ?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the width? Would it still fit 3 with 175's ?
7 foot, can't really say if they would fit, really depends on the brand and overall width at the back of the running boards where they overlap and the total length of the trailer (16' to the front of the box or 16' to the front of the v-nose, is it a deck over or the wheels inside the trailer etc etc.) Best way would be to take the sleds to the trailer or the trailer to the sleds and try it out. Mine are 163's, so I'm not sure on the exact length of each brand of 175 compared to a Cat, Doo and Yamaha 163" but an 8.5 wide it would be fine. We stagger the back 2 just a bit and when we used to take my buddies Doo we had to take 1 ski off or lift 1 ski of 1 sled up onto a 2x4 so that the ski loop of the other could fit just a little under the front of the running board. If you are going 8.5, I would line them up in the shop side by side with the skis touching and measure outsides for the width.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine was 8 or 8 1/2 wide(can't remember ... had my 175" and 2 165"s in it, no problem ... 175 was straight in, and both 165" backed in
Oh .I see, jeez I never thought of loading them like that but yah that would work for sure! 80% of the time it would be just two sleds anyway but I can't count how many times we've had 4 guys going with two decks only to have one guy cancel last minute, be nice to just load 3 and head out with one rig!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh .I see, jeez I never thought of loading them like that but yah that would work for sure! 80% of the time it would be just two sleds anyway but I can't count how many times we've had 4 guys going with two decks only to have one guy cancel last minute, be nice to just load 3 and head out with one rig!
If you ever want to see how to get max load capacity out of a trailer go visit Carl at CKMP. Its boggling how many sleds he can get into a trailer that doesn't look big enough.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you ever want to see how to get max load capacity out of a trailer go visit Carl at CKMP. Its boggling how many sleds he can get into a trailer that doesn't look big enough.

Thanks to Carl I can fit 6 175” in my trailer easily. So my self and 5 freeloaders, also looking for a smaller trailer LOL

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know 5 people I could tolerate in my truck for 7 hrs, I'll stick to 3 max, lol
100% agree…. And I hate waiting on people.

We’ve had a 16’ (+V) Haulmark deck over for years, similar situation where there's usually just 2 sleds in it, but have on many occasions taken 3x 162’. I just open the V door and drive all in backwards. They fit with room to spare.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 32 foot mission 8.5 could fit 6 154s but then life got busy and tired of guys bailing so bought a deck enjoyed it for 2 seasons but then went back to a 8.5x20 and its perfect fit for 3 154s but have squeezed 4 154s, i got some space to wrench inside gear is nice and dry sleds all melted
Off for morning i prefer the small trailer life

Top Bottom