3 more idiots

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy sar flew 3 guys off frisby this am. Near dead mans creek . For the first 12 days of this year 15 rescues. Unreal. We rode hard yesterday. Ate supper and the spot call came in. My SAR friends were exhausted and dreaded going back last night. People have to get smart and use they’re heads. To many people on sleds who don’t have a good sledder teaching them how to respect the mountains? I don’t know what the answer is. Seems many just ride and think I have a spot. No big deal.

Last edited:

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I see all the search and rescue vehicles at the police station right now, debriefing I assume. Not only looking after sledders but skiers on the hill that just have to duck the ropes because it’s way better “over there” only to find themselves very quickly in serious trouble on a cliff side or in thick alders.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The alternative is close down the mountains to everyone, if you don't want to search and rescue don't volunteer.

Flame away, just how I see it.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Revy sar flew 3 guys off frisby this am. Near dead mans creek . For the first 12 days of this year 15 rescues. Unreal. We rode hard yesterday. Ate supper and the spot call came in. My SAR friends were exhausted and dreaded going back last night. People have to get smart and use they’re heads. To many people on sleds who don’t have a good sledder teaching them how to respect the mountains? I don’t know what the answer is. Seems many just ride and think I have a spot. No big deal.
We had this discussion last time I went out with sar

Realistically, if it's a lost from being limited in were we can ride thought process, they should have to pay

Now if it's someone all fawked up then that's a different situation

Unfortunately, yes the thought process is I have a spot, they will get us out if the chit hits the fan, which totally wrecks it for who actually need it

The story from the last sar at blue lake and the guy that went down and down and down, is retarded.... Like walking around in the morning, while he can hear guys calling out fir him, but he never called back, the sar people walked his path back to his sled ( after they already found his sled and him gone) and found him sitting on it

When asked if he heard them, he's like ya I did, when they said why didn't you say anything or walk back up your track to the other guy that you were with that didn't go near as far down

His response was, oh I never thought of that

, then he asked how sar was going to get his sled out too xayse it's broken now

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friggin tapacrap, can't edit my post, should be cause at bottom there

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Realistically, if it's a lost from being limited in were we can ride thought process, they should have to pay

Unfortunately, yes the thought process is I have a spot, they will get us out if the chit hits the fan, which totally wrecks it for who actually need it

The story from the last sar at blue lake and the guy that went down and down and down, is retarded.... Like walking around in the morning, while he can hear guys calling out fir him, but he never called back, the sar people walked his path back to his sled ( after they already found his sled and him gone) and found him sitting on it

When asked if he heard them, he's like ya I did, when they said why didn't you say anything or walk back up your track to the other guy that you were with that didn't go near as far down

Theres a perfect example of someone who should pay for rescue. What an idiot.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Theres a perfect example of someone who should pay for rescue. What an idiot.
Even Sirge and snow bike bill went down with there bikes it was so step and raveny, they said the guy must be retarded where he took that sled, even they had issues getting to him and sled

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even Sirge and snow bike bill went down with there bikes it was so step and raveny, they said the guy must be retarded where he took that sled, even they had issues getting to him and sled
Wow..

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

They should have left him with his precious sled there for another two nights. Unbelievable the ignorance...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Incidents like these the caller , person or persons involved should be charged , a statement of what happened and that made public.
Only going to keep getting worse if no consequences .
Sorry Dan but you know better and your comment is ridiculous.
Probably now you know the story , response will be different?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Incidents like these the caller , person or persons involved should be charged , a statement of what happened and that made public.
Only going to keep getting worse if no consequences .
Sorry Dan but you know better and your comment is ridiculous.
Probably now you know the story , response will be different?

No sorry, I stand by my comment.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new. How are you going to eliminate idiots going on the mountain? Some days there is 4000 people at the ski hill.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is SAR funded? Has been a curiosity of mine I don’t really know answer. I know there is volunteers to go out but there sleds need fuel and so do choppers who foots the bill.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The alternative is close down the mountains to everyone, if you don't want to search and rescue don't volunteer.

Flame away, just how I see it.

I'm very surprise to read this from you, you must of gotten up from wrong side of the bed.

People need to be made accountable, yes knock your self out go in to the drainage as we cannot control stupidity. It is IMO that ALL SAR rescues involving such a rescue incur a cost to those needing the rescue, no question's ask until proven otherwise.
As for any other standard rescues, their should be no cost.
Unless proven otherwise and that should be at the discretion of the SAR's chief. The individual will only get one bill and i'm sure they will think twice next time, but hey stupid is as stupid does, it might take a few LOL.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm very surprise to read this from you, you must of gotten up from wrong side of the bed.

People need to be made accountable, yes knock your self out go in to the drainage as we cannot control stupidity. It is IMO that ALL SAR rescues involving such a rescue incur a cost to those needing the rescue.
Unless proven otherwise and that should be at the discretion of the SAR's chief. The individual will only get one bill and i'm sure they will think twice next time, but hey stupid is as stupid does, it might take a few LOL.

Sure send them a bill, might slow the people down a bit.
That's why the ski hill has ski patrol. They do rescues every single day all winter long.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure send them a bill, might slow the people down a bit.
That's why the ski hill has ski patrol. They do rescues every single day all winter long.

Ski hill ?
Completely different IMO as the ski patrol are paid are they not and a more of a confined area .
At least suppose to be anyway ?
Avalanche danger is removed and hazardous areas closed .
Ski hills are a business.
Heli ski and a guide required .

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is nothing new. How are you going to eliminate idiots going on the mountain? Some days there is 4000 people at the ski hill.

Not the same, ski hill's have their own hired SAR that work for the hill (ski patrol). Skiing out of bound can get you ban from skiing the hill and they reserve the right to fine you.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Search and rescue should be for injuries and not stupidity. If I'm in the woods on my RZR and break down, I don't call SAR, I walk out or use the buddy system and have people riding with me.

Seems like people nowadays are riding anywhere just to find untouched snow and when they run out of talent, they call SAR to get them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not the same, ski hill's have their own hired SAR that work for the hill (ski patrol). Skiing out of bound can get you ban from skiing the hill and they reserve the right to fine you.

Yeah exactly, the back country (even boulder) is totally uncontrolled.
Answer me this. How do you stop people from riding where they shouldn't be going, getting lost ext?

Top Bottom