3.0 duramax

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to order a new half ton for the wife and came across the 3L duramax. Don't really know anything about it but interested in it. Anyone folks have any experience with them? Any big or common issues? How do they do in our climate? Truck will hardly tow anything and if it does it wouldn't be anything significant. Mainly a commuter

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have one a 2020 GMC denali with 21,000 on it and it's great truck for commuting, sips fuel and good power for it's size. Only issue with it there was a antifreeze smell that seems to be gone after last visit to shop. Looking at selling or trading it for a full size one our camping plans have changed,
going away from motorhome. This was our mileage to Kelowna last summer.

Attachments

• 2020 GMC MPG.jpg
    2020 GMC MPG.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 150

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know 3 people with them, so far no complaints, but none of them have enough mileage on them that I expect any issues yet. Everyone says they are a pretty torquey motor for being a 3.0 liter, one guy even pulls a small fifth wheel with his and says its more than adequate for the job.

Fuel economy seems to be pretty impressive on them, comparable with our 2.8L Duramax Colorado.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some are good with no issues , some have had issues , here and there

Alot of the issues I've done on a few, but so far not so bad

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So nothing out of the ordinary for issues. The fuel mileage is really amazing on these it seems. Think I'm going to go ahead and order it

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friend has one great motor and truck he is see up to 36 MPG around 110 km per hour. Pulls as good or better than the 6.2 and way better fuel mileage. the 3 liter is the same cost to upgrade as ordering the 6.2 I know which one I would get baby Dmax for me!

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Young fellow I work with bought one this summer. He's an O&G contract operator, and absolutely loves the motor. Says the milage is outstanding. The last few years he's had a Ford, Dodge and now this GM. All 1/2 tons.. He really likes the Gm.

Top Bottom