'23 Expert Rear Sag Fix

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of things to check, I heard from Carter at Stoked in Revy that pretty much every gen 5 he has seen had a loose chain and loose bogey wheels. Take a look at those items before you ride folks
Why u see so many guys with crumpled rails guys arnt checking tbere bogeys/track tension slowling loosening track until track grabs the rails. crazy how many guys dont check there chain tensions on a new sled they stretch pretty good in tbe first 100 miles

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was told the rear arm is about 4” more forward than the G4 also. Could be contributing to the wheelies and also the bent rails?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking of things to check, I heard from Carter at Stoked in Revy that pretty much every gen 5 he has seen had a loose chain and loose bogey wheels. Take a look at those items before you ride folks
Thanks for the reminder of things to check, I have 90 kms on my gen5 turbo 154 and just went over things tonight before tommorows ride and found the chain was super loose already, rear idler bolts needed a little snug up, my lower left hand shock bolt actually was almost all the way out so I tapped it back in and found another nut to put on it. belt I washed along with clutch sheaves, also tightened belt. so hopefully everything good to go for tommorow.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s true on the chain….. yup I bought a g5 went to Revy … did I check chain … nope! My intentions were pull & go. Well one of the first pulls I did that was a horrible noise. Yup 1.25+ play - 7 or 8 turns to tighten up. Do I feel stupid but then again i paid $480 for PDI.
Dealer is putting in new chain & gears.
cheers

FranktheTank

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 150km I checked my chain and it was a little loose good pdi maybe? Belt needed to be raised a smidge and track needed to be tightened some. States right in the manual to check these items after the first 75km and then every 500km till 1500km

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At 150km I checked my chain and it was a little loose good pdi maybe? Belt needed to be raised a smidge and track needed to be tightened some. States right in the manual to check these items after the first 75km and then every 500km till 1500km

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone know if this chain and gears are hyvo? No sticker on the case this year, and from the vids I cannot hear the whine.

Top Bottom