2024 Yamaha mtx

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading rumours that Yamaha and polaris are potentially going to be sharing..hmmm. Something about thier agreement with cat being done. Could you stuff a 998 in the maytrx? Theirs is also comments from aftermarket companies that Yamaha is still planning on being in the sled game.
In the intern if Yamaha stays with cat and has had part with the design of this chassis , I cant imagine they will move forward with putting a 998 in it.

So is there a new tech 4stroke motor in the works or electric?? I personally think Yamaha will be transitioning to electric motors for these toys sooner than later.
71BB9A93-4B7F-44C3-A0DE-6EC1FF7F7430.png

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you hearing Polaris and Yami could be joining? Would love to see that motor in another chassis but don't think it would be that marketable for us guys out west as everyone needs the lightest sled possible now a days.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think I seen it in a snowtech magazine article about the Polaris 4s and rumours about test fitting Yamaha motors…but who knows. Totally Yamaha guy’s talking about it.

Hopefully they change something going forward. Even if it’s the catalyst with a whizzy new 4stroke motor. I’m in. For now the sidewinder will do.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't see Yamaha partnering with another manufacturer to build them sleds.

Maybe as an engine supplier like Suzuki used to do for Cat.

IMO the Matrix chassis is not built for the weight of the 998

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’ve been reading rumours that Yamaha and polaris are potentially going to be sharing..hmmm. Something about thier agreement with cat being done. Could you stuff a 998 in the maytrx? Theirs is also comments from aftermarket companies that Yamaha is still planning on being in the sled game.
In the intern if Yamaha stays with cat and has had part with the design of this chassis , I cant imagine they will move forward with putting a 998 in it.

So is there a new tech 4stroke motor in the works or electric?? I personally think Yamaha will be transitioning to electric motors for these toys sooner than later.View attachment 260832

Yamaha full of batteries might be litre than an apex lol

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to see a cross plane in a sled… unstoppable if you know what 180 is. A tuned x plane puts a licking on most or all inline. Most incredible engineering… hence why duc had to go 1299.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

So is there a new tech 4stroke motor in the works or electric?? I personally think Yamaha will be transitioning to electric motors for these toys sooner than later.View attachment 260832
I was educated that Yamaha was the very first e bike in the world… yup
but I’m not holding my breath on Yamaha re-engaging in the mountain segment.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, that’s an unfortunate release…not that I was expecting changes. 10 years of the cat chassis. I really find it amazing they paint the alpha blue and call it their own. At lease change the clutches or something. Guess it’s a marketing thing to hang on. Idk. Glad I found a low mile mtx.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its going to be a long time till Yamaha releases something for the "Mountian specific segment". Just not enough units sold in the west compared to the Eastern market. Yamaha knows where the numbers are out east, and will cater to this market for as long as they remain in the sled business. They have BIGGER fish to fry than just sledders.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They probably sell more outboard motors in North amreica than all their sled sales combined world wide.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha is also in talks to SELL is POWER Products Division to "Earth Power" a company out of Japan. So things like Generators multi purpose engines.snowblowers, Go Kart Engines, Golf Carts ect.............will the sled divsion be next ..............

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, that’s an unfortunate release…not that I was expecting changes. 10 years of the cat chassis. I really find it amazing they paint the alpha blue and call it their own. At lease change the clutches or something. Guess it’s a marketing thing to hang on. Idk. Glad I found a low mile mtx.
Hakuna Matata, no worries, its a problem free philosophy and the most fun you will ever have on a sled Shawn.
enjoy the build, it will be better then any 2024 out there in so many ways.

Top Bottom