2024 Freeride 146 Turbo Ride and Impression Vid

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you ever wanted a sled with a turbo that gets around worse than an 850 NA 165? This is your chance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A 165na will slaughter this thing when the snow is DEEP. Too much power, not enough forward momentum it wont get on top of the snow. the 154 Turbo struggles enough as it is with that much power in the super fluffy stuff. 146 turbo is super fun sled for most/average snow conditions. It will be just annoying getting around with it when its waist deep+. If you can get it moving and building ground speed it will eventually get ontop and start chewing but it wont leave the hole like a NA 165 thats a guarantee

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There was a guy in revy that turboed a 137 freeride years ago. Probably fun to ride, but not the best deep pow machince

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Have you ever wanted a sled with a turbo that gets around worse than an 850 NA 165? This is your chance!

I don't know about that, I am no jay mentaberry, and I found it to ride super flat, instead of just wheelie everywhere. No doubt you have to ride faster on the 15 inch and even faster on the 146, but for 75% of the days this sled would be super fun, I ride deep pow and that is my fav, I am past being a trickster, not that I ever was so when the snow is lower I ski or pow surf cause super fun. I will stick to 154 and 165 turbos for my ability and fun factor.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
A 165na will slaughter this thing when the snow is DEEP. Too much power, not enough forward momentum it wont get on top of the snow. the 154 Turbo struggles enough as it is with that much power in the super fluffy stuff. 146 turbo is super fun sled for most/average snow conditions. It will be just annoying getting around with it when its waist deep+. If you can get it moving and building ground speed it will eventually get ontop and start chewing but it wont leave the hole like a NA 165 thats a guarantee
ya if your buying that sled, you will want another 165 turbo to complete the fun package...

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya if your buying that sled, you will want another 165 turbo to complete the fun package...

Skidoo riders buy multiple turbo sleds in different track lengths just for fun but Polaris riders have to buy 3 of the exact same sled just to have a chance at riding every day

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I remember my days on a 146 n/a riding with 165s had to hit everything mock chicken so when u wrecked u usually wrecked pretty good. Had a unreal time on them and snaller hills became a huge obstical and hours of fun. The turbo option is pretty neat but i dont see the draw of the turbo on the 146 honestly. Power was never the issue on the 146s it was always track length. 146s are awesome spring time rides and jumpin sleds but agaib dont need a turbo for tbat either. Im sure brp will sell a bunch of them buddy actually ordered one but thats alota $$$$$ for a sled that wont keep up to the other sleds on the deeper days for the ave rider

Top Bottom