2023 Ski-Doo Turbo R Breakin Procedure

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Dave. This info seems to be very incorrect. I have a 2023 expert Turbo. I just finished day 6 on it. Due to the extremely low snow conditions in BC I have not burned nearly as much fuel as normal. There just isn’t the snow for heavy throttle, and there is too many land mines for pushing miles. But I have about 350 kilometres on the unit, and more than 120 litres of fuel through it. it still shows 43% break in. so break in is way more then 90 litres of fuel or something is wrong with my sled. Just an FYI on real world observations.

norona

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.noronalife.com
Hi Dave. This info seems to be very incorrect. I have a 2023 expert Turbo. I just finished day 6 on it. Due to the extremely low snow conditions in BC I have not burned nearly as much fuel as normal. There just isn’t the snow for heavy throttle, and there is too many land mines for pushing miles. But I have about 350 kilometres on the unit, and more than 120 litres of fuel through it. it still shows 43% break in. so break in is way more then 90 litres of fuel or something is wrong with my sled. Just an FYI on real world observations.
and you have probably not seen a huge amount of oil usage and fuel, its all based on throttle, so it has always taken longer at lower throttle, just ride it and don't think about it, it does all the work, you just have to ride it! Happy New Year!

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ski-doo is out to lunch. By that math, there is no way it should take 600km to break-in a 2-stroke of any kind. Variable throttle sure, heat cycle sure, get the rings to seat and good to go.

Top Bottom