2023 Rumours

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother in-law picks his up Thursday. It’s a nice looking rig.

Seems like the next logical step, it's already in the trail sleds at 180hp, if my math is right it's a 17lb weight penalty over the 850 turbo.

I don't see the BRP warranty department letting the engineers crank the 850 turbo over 180hp to beat Polaris.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems like the next logical step, it's already in the trail sleds at 180hp, if my math is right it's a 17lb weight penalty over the 850 turbo.

I don't see the BRP warranty department letting the engineers crank the 850 turbo over 180hp to beat Polaris.

22lbs heavier I bet if they made it a mountain chassis.

Personally there is a lot of ways to shed 22lbs on that 900ace. And for a honest 180hp I’d be very interested.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

it already makes the same trackspeed as the polaris with a bigger track all skidoo really needs to do is shed some LBS and add another 10hp to leave that polaris in the back where it belongs

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it already makes the same trackspeed as the polaris with a bigger track all skidoo really needs to do is shed some LBS and add another 10hp to leave that polaris in the back where it belongs

So what you're saying is even though the track speed is the same, Doo needs to go on a diet and gain some hp to keep even with Polaris.

So by deduction track speed is a useless measure of comparison between brands and different mountain platforms.

K got it. Thanks for clarifying.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what you're saying is even though the track speed is the same, Doo needs to go on a diet and gain some hp to keep even with Polaris.

So by deduction track speed is a useless measure of comparison between brands and different mountain platforms.

K got it. Thanks for clarifying.

Your worse than the fake news twisting my words lol!! I’ve ridden both, they perform exactly the same with the edge to the skidoo having a wayyy better bottom end and no funny noises on the top end. The reason the boost performs the same is because it is lighter which makes up for the smaller track. All I m saying is if skidoo shed some weight and added a small amount of power it would totally destroy the boost. Just a weight shed would put it ahead but that’s not how BRP rolls, count on total domination again in the near future

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Doo up’d the boost for 2023 to 7lbs? Will have to wait and see.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really don't see alot of them anymore compared a few years ago.
Brother bought a 2022 alpha nice sled but i still preffer my 850 doo but for tbe first time in years we stopped by renshaw cabin and there were pron 14 cats 2 poos and our 3 doos never been out numbered like that since i can remember

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks lighter than the other 3 manufacturers!

3 other manufactures? I only count 2.

Yamaha is literally a blue artic cat, and i see more sasquatch in the hills then blue yamacats...

Last edited:
Top Bottom