2023 predictions

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since 2022 has barely started, seems like the usual time to start speculating on the 24's. :LOL:

Since I ride doo;
Following the past update timelines for brp, one would expect something significant soon. I could see this going two ways. Continue the same basic chassis and do an XP-XM style update with a bunch of new features like new plastics, new skid, a more advanced gauge and some other new tech. Possibly, but less likely, a new chassis with much of the same bolt-ons and then introduce the new goodies in 25. Regardless, I don't think there will be any engine/changes other than maybe increasing the output on the turbo.

For poo, I don't expect much since they just released the Matryx and the turbo. Perhaps a push for lightweight parts.

I don't follow cat to closely, and they really cut back on the models this year. Perhaps they have a major overhaul coming or will jump into the turbo game. Seems like they could really use some new clutches and running boards.

With sled sales and profits being as high as they are, one would think there is incentive for mfg's to spend on r&d and release some new stuff.

Last edited:

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2024 will be my year for a new sled (every 5 years)
I've always been a Cat guy. So we'll see. If they still seem lagging with issues I may buy my 1st doo. Looking closely at the Freerides (and it would most likely be a turbo'd one). See what happens.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Golly a legit Yammy 2 stroke? Well we can hope and pray I suppose!
Well they have to get "in" or "out". Getting "in" will take a commitment and it will take something decent to draw guys from the other offerings. Now be honest who wouldn't be interested in what I am prediciting? Or at least intregued? Or to put it another way just ask yourself "What would it take for me to be on a Yamaha for 2024?"

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well they have to get "in" or "out". Getting "in" will take a commitment and it will take something decent to draw guys from the other offerings. Now be honest who wouldn't be interested in what I am prediciting? Or at least intregued? Or to put it another way just ask yourself "What would it take for me to be on a Yamaha for 2024?"
We've all been waiting for a lightweight Yammy 2 stroke for years. Or at least since the Phazer was discontinued lol

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bet all start coming out with some kind of electric version sled…probably trail and they start phasing out the combustion engine technology/updates.

I think yamaha will release a industry leading electric motor setup that is share by them and cat. This will be a modular motor that works in atv, utv and snowmobile.

Seems like things are changing rapidly for reduced emissions.

Especially with this kind of stuff

https://www.supertraxmag.com/featur...Hp6MR1PzHSWbVkj_BbHlFsfS6zne6JkvoXy3peH9rBMf0

Last edited:

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha last built a 600cc 2cyl 2stroke in 1999. To my knowledge that is the largest 2s 2cyl they ever built. They have never had fuel injection or a turbo on any performance 2s that i know of. So after 30 plus years they are getting back into sport that is slowly dying. They are going to build a engine that will be banned in a few short years. The ROI on that project should be an interesting one to explain from the unemployment line. Now if you said a electric snowmobile that may be a bit more plausible. Anything is possible but 870di turbo is not probable.

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bet all start coming out with some kind of electric version sled…probably trail and they start phasing out the combustion engine technology/updates.

I think yamaha will release a industry leading electric motor setup that is share by them and cat. This will be a modular motor that works in atv, utv and snowmobile.

Seems like things are changing rapidly for reduced emissions.

Especially with this kind of stuff

https://www.supertraxmag.com/featur...Hp6MR1PzHSWbVkj_BbHlFsfS6zne6JkvoXy3peH9rBMf0
Yamaha already has a range of e motors ... guessing it's coming soon ... power & torque would be great of course battery capacity is the big ???

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha last built a 600cc 2cyl 2stroke in 1999. To my knowledge that is the largest 2s 2cyl they ever built. They have never had fuel injection or a turbo on any performance 2s that i know of. So after 30 plus years they are getting back into sport that is slowly dying. They are going to build a engine that will be banned in a few short years. The ROI on that project should be an interesting one to explain from the unemployment line. Now if you said a electric snowmobile that may be a bit more plausible. Anything is possible but 870di turbo is not probable.
If they do release it, it would have been designed for a few yeaars already now, long before electrics were feasible. And if they did it, it would be the cleanest in the market.

Top Bottom