2022 skidoo 850t overheating

altaredneck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was out a few times and my 850t would run hot on the trail in and tell me engine temp was high. Happened a few times. I went to store and got a removable snow flap for the short tunnel and it seemed to solve the problem only ran up to 150 degrees f for a short time this trip. I noticed a few of these machines on the trail overheating so just putting this out there if anyone has this problem the snow flap seemed to solve the problem.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Was out a few times and my 850t would run hot on the trail in and tell me engine temp was high. Happened a few times. I went to store and got a removable snow flap for the short tunnel and it seemed to solve the problem only ran up to 150 degrees f for a short time this trip. I noticed a few of these machines on the trail overheating so just putting this out there if anyone has this problem the snow flap seemed to solve the problem.
I put the ski scratchers on mine and that made a huge difference too. I haven't got the flap yet because my buddy with his 850 NA was overheating as much as i was last time i was out and his machine has a flap on it already.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with the ski scratchers and sled deck? Had a set on my Alpha that always seemed to come out of the holder while unloading of the deck, and then drop in to the gap between the deck and the ramp bar.

Would like to do something on the Doo though, I noticed it runs quite a bit hotter than the CTEC on the trail. Would rather not have to worry about where I leave my strap-on flap, so maybe the ski scratchers are a good alternative? Or is the flap just a fact of life for poor trail riding with the Doo short tunnel?

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
Anyone else have issues with the ski scratchers and sled deck? Had a set on my Alpha that always seemed to come out of the holder while unloading of the deck, and then drop in to the gap between the deck and the ramp bar.

Would like to do something on the Doo though, I noticed it runs quite a bit hotter than the CTEC on the trail. Would rather not have to worry about where I leave my strap-on flap, so maybe the ski scratchers are a good alternative? Or is the flap just a fact of life for poor trail riding with the Doo short tunnel?
The scratchers on my Freeride have never actually been back in the holder since the first time i pulled them off. Load and unload off my sled deck and never had one issue

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The scratchers on my Freeride have never actually been back in the holder since the first time i pulled them off. Load and unload off my sled deck and never had one issue
That's with the ski scratchers? The Doo rail scratchers I leave down all day. I put them up so as not to scratch the trailer or deck though. Bit anal I guess.

Old Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well My friend fixed all this over temp of ski doos. He got a new Polaris no flap no scratchers down. On trail up to alpine trail was ice. Ran 160 all the time . We needed snow on top of tunnel. Be safe.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well My friend fixed all this over temp of ski doos. He got a new Polaris no flap no scratchers down. On trail up to alpine trail was ice. Ran 160 all the time . We needed snow on top of tunnel. Be safe.
We rode with a 2022 Polaris Khaos 850 N/A this week and it has rail scratchers with no flap. It overheated to the foot of our 175 Turbo Doos. We were impressed that it went that far without a flap.

Top Bottom