2022 Polaris slash Pro or Khaos ?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im still pretty set on going the 163 3" series 7 track, more durable than the series 8 would u say ? Im just not wanting to have a track come apart on me, also I generally only get out 10-12 rides a year and have time to pick certian days to ride when its only deep snow conditions, which also is the reason i want to go 3" track.

If you can be a powder snob I would go with the series 8 2.75. Over the series 7 3.0”. The series 8 is 7-8 lbs lighter than the equivalent series 7 3.0”. The pitch is a big deal as it takes a bigger scoop of snow and hooks up extremely well. I would argue the 2.75 does better in deep fresh pow than the 3” series 7. It just works.

If you are worried about just durability then the series 7 3” is a durable track but I have really chewed through some nasty terrain this year on my 2.75. Downed logs, small trees, I expected a lot worse on several rides but it’s held up but yes the 3” would last longer.

d18e45072bb089c097c176dbb6521af8.jpg

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t read into Turcottes video much if you are not getting a 155. He is putting his personal 155 Pro with mod steering post and suspension against a bone stock Khaos. A 165 will transfer less from being longer and the difference between a Khaos and Pro 165 is very minimal.

The price difference on an equally equipped Pro RMK and Khaos is $800. That is the price difference from adding the Velocity shocks to the Pro. I think these are the best stock shock option available for %90 of riders.

I have roughly 1200km on my Khaos 165 and it has been the most enjoyable sled I have owned. It is confidence inspiring and while only slightly more playful than the Pro I love the overall package. The series 8 track is possibly the best track I have used in almost all conditions, and I have had the 5, 6, and 7. They have reportedly increased the durability for 2022, I have ripped some lugs and typically I am not hard on tracks but you put this thing into situations you might not normally and chewing though trees it’s bound to happen. Will the changes make it less performing? No idea but if not major it works. As long as their extrovert package is better than stock 2021’s it is going to be better.

If you can’t decide I don’t believe you can go wrong with the Pro. I overrode the Khaos the first few rides but now I am more neutral on the sled than any other vs my 14,16 and 18 Pros. It responds very well and quickly to rider input. So if that concerns you get the Pro, upgrade the shocks and have still have a very capable sled.

Where your previous pros 163?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that seems pretty high for no boost

Best deal I can find now is build price that u do on polaris website plus just tax. anyone else seeing better than that? I dont see dealers knocking anything off msrp if there not charging freight, PDI or doc fees.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO (although there are likely better after market tracks out there), the Polaris 165 is the best alround track that they’ve put on a sled. I have had no issues with mine this year (1600 klm) but the 2022 is to be more durable. I rode the 2022 Matryx Khaos Slash 165 yesterday, it is still very playful but it seemed to climb a little better than my 2021 165 Khaos. Could just be set up?? The Matryx chassis seems to be a little more rigid if that’s possible..
I also rode the RMK Slash Boost 165.... the boys that were able to snow check one will be very happy with it.. It doesn’t hit as hard (clutching) as my side kick in my 2020 155 Khaos but it pulls like a freight train, it ran spot on other than we did it the rev limiter a couple times on a long pull, so it does need more clutch weight.

Do you think the Matryx climbed better because it had more weight forward as the cooler is pushed forward more? Also where you able to get your body more over the motor due to the cockpit design?

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think the Matryx climbed better because it had more weight forward as the cooler is pushed forward more? Also where you able to get your body more over the motor due to the cockpit design?

I found the Matryx Khaos was every bit as playful as the 2021 Axy Khaos (both 165) But Matryx Khaos felt to handle in between the Axy RMK and Axy Khaos in the steep climbs. Same skid so could be due to a little more weight forward but the set up must have been slightly different to keep the skis out of the stars like it did.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best deal I can find now is build price that u do on polaris website plus just tax. anyone else seeing better than that? I dont see dealers knocking anything off msrp if there not charging freight, PDI or doc fees.

Best I found was Polaris website price plus tax and $500 credit for accessories. There were even some dealers that were website price plus pdi plus tax. And they didn't give an accessory credit.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the Matryx Khaos was every bit as playful as the 2021 Axy Khaos (both 165) But Matryx Khaos felt to handle in between the Axy RMK and Axy Khaos in the steep climbs. Same skid so could be due to a little more weight forward but the set up must have been slightly different to keep the skis out of the stars like it did.

That’s set up for sure. My 165 Khaos has very little transfer and only more noticeable lift climbing on more set up snow than a Pro.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Similar to the Lynx

So someone needs to make a bumper that slides out past the track and then locks into place for lifting and slides back to a locked position for riding. It would increase the leverage for lifting too. (Too many ideas here and not enough time or money)

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So someone needs to make a bumper that slides out past the track and then locks into place for lifting and slides back to a locked position for riding. It would increase the leverage for lifting too. (Too many ideas here and not enough time or money)
Get on it Chris. Great summer project for you. Lol

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get on it Chris. Great summer project for you. Lol

On the 2022 Polaris, the heat exchanger has been moved forward so it will be feather light in the back so leaning over a bit should not be a problem. For the Lynx, I'm just going to choose my riding partners carefully to avoid lifting. My real concern is Jim ordered a 175 Turbo Doo. Might need to work on winch designs this summer.

With the winch in mind, has anyone used your sled track as a winch? I have been know to visit a few tree wells now and again. The last one took 5 guys to pull the sled uphill backwards. I have a locking pulley that I hooked to a tree to keep tensioning the rope up as we managed to move the sled back a couple inches at a time. I suggested to my buddies that we hook the rope to the track and throw it in reverse so the motor could do the work. The idea was not accepted very well but I think it would work well. Just want to make sure that I didn't rip the track window. Any feedback is appreciated as I am always looking for new techniques to have in my arsenal.

I will post this question in it's own thread and post a good stuck picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom