2022 Polaris slash Pro or Khaos ?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to decide between the Pro or Khaos in 163 3 inch tracks. Can anyone tell me if u can make the pro as playful in front end as Khaos. I just like the color choices better on the pro but like lots of ski lift.
Also anyone know if this new 7 s guage is worth the $1300 seems cool but pricey. Thanks. Also pricing on Khaos I got today with 7 s guage and 163 3" was $22826 OTD. non boost

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can switch rails and the front track shock if you want to use khaos rails on the pro. The 165 2.75" stomps the 3" 163 in deep snow. The 165 also comes with extrovert drivers and anti stabs.

flying frenchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gauge is cool but not sure how cool it would be after you roll the sled and it's cracked up!!!
They should of sunk the gauge down some but maybe they'll make their money selling everyone new ones.
I think the 3" would be better as you could swap to a 2.5"extreme or Camso X3" and get ride of the crappy stock track.

Last edited:

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can switch rails and the front track shock if you want to use khaos rails on the pro. The 165 2.75" stomps the 3" 163 in deep snow. The 165 also comes with extrovert drivers and anti stabs.

Why do u say the 2.75" stomps the 3 " track is that just the polaris track. I know I climbed better on my 18 cat 162 3 " then my buddies 2.75" khaos 850 machine.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never heard of any crappy stock track issues
Gauge is cool but not sure how cool it would be after you roll the sled and it's cracked up!!!
They should of sunk the gauge down some but maybe they'll make their money selling everyone new ones.
I think the 3" would be better as you could swap to a 2.5"extreme or Camso X3" and get ride of the crappy stock track.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do u say the 2.75" stomps the 3 " track is that just the polaris track. I know I climbed better on my 18 cat 162 3 " then my buddies 2.75" khaos 850 machine.
A pro will generally outclimb a kaos....that being said the cat 3 inch is way better than the polaris 3 inch

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U Guys are making my decision harder. I have always liked a 3 inch track but dont want to be dissappointed with the polaris track. Im not into swapping tracks or anything else just like to run my sleds bone stock no tickering.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U Guys are making my decision harder. I have always liked a 3 inch track but dont want to be dissappointed with the polaris track. Im not into swapping tracks or anything else just like to run my sleds bone stock no tickering.

The 165 2.75" polaris track regularly beats up on my 175 3" skidoo track. I was also told the khaos is a crazy wheelie sled at 155 but the 165 khaos is more managable. I think khaos would be more fun and pro is going to get the high mark.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t read into Turcottes video much if you are not getting a 155. He is putting his personal 155 Pro with mod steering post and suspension against a bone stock Khaos. A 165 will transfer less from being longer and the difference between a Khaos and Pro 165 is very minimal.

The price difference on an equally equipped Pro RMK and Khaos is $800. That is the price difference from adding the Velocity shocks to the Pro. I think these are the best stock shock option available for %90 of riders.

I have roughly 1200km on my Khaos 165 and it has been the most enjoyable sled I have owned. It is confidence inspiring and while only slightly more playful than the Pro I love the overall package. The series 8 track is possibly the best track I have used in almost all conditions, and I have had the 5, 6, and 7. They have reportedly increased the durability for 2022, I have ripped some lugs and typically I am not hard on tracks but you put this thing into situations you might not normally and chewing though trees it’s bound to happen. Will the changes make it less performing? No idea but if not major it works. As long as their extrovert package is better than stock 2021’s it is going to be better.

If you can’t decide I don’t believe you can go wrong with the Pro. I overrode the Khaos the first few rides but now I am more neutral on the sled than any other vs my 14,16 and 18 Pros. It responds very well and quickly to rider input. So if that concerns you get the Pro, upgrade the shocks and have still have a very capable sled.

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO (although there are likely better after market tracks out there), the Polaris 165 is the best alround track that they’ve put on a sled. I have had no issues with mine this year (1600 klm) but the 2022 is to be more durable. I rode the 2022 Matryx Khaos Slash 165 yesterday, it is still very playful but it seemed to climb a little better than my 2021 165 Khaos. Could just be set up?? The Matryx chassis seems to be a little more rigid if that’s possible..
I also rode the RMK Slash Boost 165.... the boys that were able to snow check one will be very happy with it.. It doesn’t hit as hard (clutching) as my side kick in my 2020 155 Khaos but it pulls like a freight train, it ran spot on other than we did it the rev limiter a couple times on a long pull, so it does need more clutch weight.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just trying to decide between the Pro or Khaos in 163 3 inch tracks. Can anyone tell me if u can make the pro as playful in front end as Khaos. I just like the color choices better on the pro but like lots of ski lift.
Also anyone know if this new 7 s guage is worth the $1300 seems cool but pricey. Thanks. Also pricing on Khaos I got today with 7 s guage and 163 3" was $22826 OTD. non boost
Geez that seems steep, we were $23k and change for a boost rmk with velocity shocks.

But dealer didn't charge doc fees or freight.....

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Geez that seems steep, we were $23k and change for a boost rmk with velocity shocks.

But dealer didn't charge doc fees or freight.....

I thought so too but the best price I got now is the build price I do on the polaris website plus just tax so 2022 polaris Khaos 163 with 7s screen came to $ 22 156 otd, also this is in bc so I pay 12% tax

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought so too but the best price I got now is the build price I do on the polaris website plus just tax so 2022 polaris Khaos 163 with 7s screen came to $ 22 156 otd, also this is in bc so I pay 12% tax
For a turbo or just a N/a?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t read into Turcottes video much if you are not getting a 155. He is putting his personal 155 Pro with mod steering post and suspension against a bone stock Khaos. A 165 will transfer less from being longer and the difference between a Khaos and Pro 165 is very minimal.

The price difference on an equally equipped Pro RMK and Khaos is $800. That is the price difference from adding the Velocity shocks to the Pro. I think these are the best stock shock option available for %90 of riders.

I have roughly 1200km on my Khaos 165 and it has been the most enjoyable sled I have owned. It is confidence inspiring and while only slightly more playful than the Pro I love the overall package. The series 8 track is possibly the best track I have used in almost all conditions, and I have had the 5, 6, and 7. They have reportedly increased the durability for 2022, I have ripped some lugs and typically I am not hard on tracks but you put this thing into situations you might not normally and chewing though trees it’s bound to happen. Will the changes make it less performing? No idea but if not major it works. As long as their extrovert package is better than stock 2021’s it is going to be better.

If you can’t decide I don’t believe you can go wrong with the Pro. I overrode the Khaos the first few rides but now I am more neutral on the sled than any other vs my 14,16 and 18 Pros. It responds very well and quickly to rider input. So if that concerns you get the Pro, upgrade the shocks and have still have a very capable sled.

Im still pretty set on going the 163 3" series 7 track, more durable than the series 8 would u say ? Im just not wanting to have a track come apart on me, also I generally only get out 10-12 rides a year and have time to pick certian days to ride when its only deep snow conditions, which also is the reason i want to go 3" track.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If u keep your speed down on the trail and dont ride in cut blocks the 3 inch track should last .

Top Bottom