2022 Polaris Pro RMK Matryx Slash Boost

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still know the 3 inch performs better in the snow I ride here in B.C. usually dense and heavier. I rode a 2021 khaos 850 165 2.75 back to back with my 18 cat 162 3 inch and every time my cat would pull further and it felt that way when riding as well, snow was deep probably around 2.5- 3 feet. Khaos sidehilled better but when it came down to riding in the deep I would have to give it to the 3 inch.
But have not had the opportunity to try the polaris 3 inch so who knows how it will perform. so I was not sold on the 2.75 which is why im going 2022 khaos 163 3 inch.

The power claw is a hole different ball game it works great on a NA sled. It will work way better than the Polaris 3inch, sounds like you didn't buy the boost anyway so you might be happy with the 3 inch.

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The power claw is a hole different ball game it works great on a NA sled. It will work way better than the Polaris 3inch, sounds like you didn't buy the boost anyway so you might be happy with the 3 inch.

Thanks, yes no boost so Im hoping the polaris 3 inch will be better than the 2.75 on a N/A sled and if I have to Ill just swap my powerclaw track onto the polaris.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes no boost so Im hoping the polaris 3 inch will be better than the 2.75 on a N/A sled and if I have to Ill just swap my powerclaw track onto the polaris.

Now your going in the right direction lol if you are dead set on the polaris 3 inch then rest assured you will be swapping out to your power claw. One more time.... I strongly recommend the 2.7 it will out perform the 3 inch and if you don't like it it will be worth more to sell than your 3 inch.

smc

Reaction score
I still know the 3 inch performs better in the snow I ride here in B.C. usually dense and heavier. I rode a 2021 khaos 850 165 2.75 back to back with my 18 cat 162 3 inch and every time my cat would pull further and it felt that way when riding as well, snow was deep probably around 2.5- 3 feet. Khaos sidehilled better but when it came down to riding in the deep I would have to give it to the 3 inch.
But have not had the opportunity to try the polaris 3 inch so who knows how it will perform. so I was not sold on the 2.75 which is why im going 2022 khaos 163 3 inch.

You’d be a fool to buy a Polaris with a 3” track because your arctic cat 3” track works well. Don’t be a fool, order a 2.75

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So is there truth to the rumor that Polaris has detuned the Boost sleds to 165HP to meet emissions??

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta line my Alpha up next to that thing at some point. Give me a reason to go boost next year.
Well my brother is getting the Doo turbo so we can go back to that hill at Renshaw and watch a Doo get beat again.......
The Poo might need the full 185 to beat the Doo

Hoping the Poo is still being delivered at 185.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well my brother is getting the Doo turbo so we can go back to that hill at Renshaw and watch a Doo get beat again.......

Don’t forget me….

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you should compare on some real hills maybe blue river or something renshaw is what 4000ft its like the foothills outside of calgary

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean you do not want to know the results of 3 Stock N/A Polaris 850 sleds (2 x 174), (1 x 163) that raced uphill in a cutblock against a 2021 Turbo Doo 165 last season. The snow was deep but hard enough that the trenches were only about 1 ft deep. The angle was about 45 degrees.

On the otherhand I took my Polaris across an untouched lake with 2 ft soft snow. Max speed was just over 100 kms/hr and then I rode a Turbo Doo across. The Doo got up to 110 kms/hr. so I know if it has room to stretch its legs it can move pretty quick.

Both times were about 6000' elevation.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you should compare on some real hills maybe blue river or something renshaw is what 4000ft its like the foothills outside of calgary
Bawahaha, you think Renshaw is 4000', is that Doo not even making it to the cabin???
Last time we were at about 7,000 - 7,400' to race the Cat and the Doo.
There are places in the Renshaw area that get to 9,970' (Even the Cat was at the top.) but I can understand you not knowing the area if you are not pulling Renshaw cabin.......

Missed ya bud!
Let the BS begin!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sean you do not want to know the results of 3 Stock N/A Polaris 850 sleds (2 x 174), (1 x 163) that raced uphill in a cutblock against a 2021 Turbo Doo 165 last season. The snow was deep but hard enough that the trenches were only about 1 ft deep. The angle was about 45 degrees.

On the otherhand I took my Polaris across an untouched lake with 2 ft soft snow. Max speed was just over 100 kms/hr and then I rode a Turbo Doo across. The Doo got up to 110 kms/hr. so I know if it has room to stretch its legs it can move pretty quick.

Both times were about 6000' elevation.

Sorry I stopped reading after cut-block. What did you say?

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bawahaha, you think Renshaw is 4000', is that Doo not even making it to the cabin???
Last time we were at about 7,000 - 7,400' to race the Cat and the Doo.
There are places in the Renshaw area that get to 9,970' (Even the Cat was at the top.) but I can understand you not knowing the area if you are not pulling Renshaw cabin.......

Missed ya bud!
Let the BS begin!

He hooked you line and sinker.

Top Bottom