2022 Matryx Boost and Khaos Review

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to get a chance to ride the new Matryx boost. I really liked the sled. Its making good power and the chassis felt great. Snow conditions were pretty crappy so we didnt get to push it very hard. Anyone that was lucky enough to snowcheck one... your going to be very happy.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a chance to ride the new 2022 boost on the weekend the chassis feels the same as the 2021 because not much has changed in that aspect the skid and frontend are still the same so it handles the same IMO.

The turbo system felt good the bottom end was crisp and the power came on really smooth and felt really good something I think I could be happy with for sure. Its not crazy power but will be a great boost from an NA sled for sure.

The current snow conditions are sh#$ so not really loading the motor at all to really see what it will do in 3 feet of pow. Im seeing alot of talk about track speed it seems so many are hung up on it as a comparison to how much power it has, track speed has

soooooooo many variances its like covid 19 ffs It really doesn't mean **** again IMO. Some tracks spin some tracks hook every hill is different snow conditions aren't the same rider weight and on and on and on. The gauge is awesome so easy to see and use

tons of options and now an electric fuel gauge not sure how that will go cuz I see the skidoo guys always talking about how many bars they have left and guess at how long they have till they run out of fuel seems gay..... when I can just look down at my

mechanical one and know exactly how much I have but whatever. Now this is how I really feel lol, The boost sleds that are out right now in the mountains are poorly set up and the one we road had the worst track for a boosted sled you can get ( been down that

road this year a lot ) The clutching in the primary is way off and slipping the belt hard, this is most likely why you TRACK SPEED guys are upset. So the sled is about the worst it could possibly be for our BC snow. They have no western testing with our heavy

deep snow but are gathering all the info they are seeing out west with all the dealer rides and surly will make the necessary changes I hope. My dealer will be sending a email with what issues I found what they to from there will have to see. I have no doubt

that the sled will perform well once some small changes are made to the clutching and anyone that snow checked you still have time to change to a 2.7 3.5 track if yours is coming with a 3 inch FYI !!!! Im looking forward to getting one dialed in tight because

I will be stepping off a Rocket Ship to get on the new Boost.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redline Poo demo 174 was pretty impressive till he said they swapped tracks from a cat.. made a big advance

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will you transfer your Doo track off your current sled onto the new 2022?

Just depends if the sled sells with it or not, the track on my 2022 is the 165 2.7X3.5 it will have no issues spanking doo's with that track. If my 2021 sells with a 163 or a 165 then ill slap on the 175 to the 2022.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just depends if the sled sells with it or not, the track on my 2022 is the 165 2.7X3.5 it will have no issues spanking doo's with that track. If my 2021 sells with a 163 or a 165 then ill slap on the 175 to the 2022.

doesn't even have the machine in his possession yet and already talkin smack. Classic

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doesn't even have the machine in his possession yet and already talkin smack. Classic

Have you not learned anything from our relationship Sean ? There's nothing you can do about it, I have more time, money, and will to spend both with no limitations to out climb you year after year. I will make it happen lol.

Last edited:

mt.sledder

Reaction score
I had a chance to ride the new 2022 boost on the weekend the chassis feels the same as the 2021 because not much has changed in that aspect the skid and frontend are still the same so it handles the same IMO.

The turbo system felt good the bottom end was crisp and the power came on really smooth and felt really good something I think I could be happy with for sure. Its not crazy power but will be a great boost from an NA sled for sure.

The current snow conditions are sh#$ so not really loading the motor at all to really see what it will do in 3 feet of pow. Im seeing alot of talk about track speed it seems so many are hung up on it as a comparison to how much power it has, track speed has

soooooooo many variances its like covid 19 ffs It really doesn't mean **** again IMO. Some tracks spin some tracks hook every hill is different snow conditions aren't the same rider weight and on and on and on. The gauge is awesome so easy to see and use

tons of options and now an electric fuel gauge not sure how that will go cuz I see the skidoo guys always talking about how many bars they have left and guess at how long they have till they run out of fuel seems gay..... when I can just look down at my

mechanical one and know exactly how much I have but whatever. Now this is how I really feel lol, The boost sleds that are out right now in the mountains are poorly set up and the one we road had the worst track for a boosted sled you can get ( been down that

road this year a lot ) The clutching in the primary is way off and slipping the belt hard, this is most likely why you TRACK SPEED guys are upset. So the sled is about the worst it could possibly be for our BC snow. They have no western testing with our heavy

deep snow but are gathering all the info they are seeing out west with all the dealer rides and surly will make the necessary changes I hope. My dealer will be sending a email with what issues I found what they to from there will have to see. I have no doubt

that the sled will perform well once some small changes are made to the clutching and anyone that snow checked you still have time to change to a 2.7 3.5 track if yours is coming with a 3 inch FYI !!!! Im looking forward to getting one dialed in tight because

I will be stepping off a Rocket Ship to get on the new Boost.

Any idea on fuel consumption and range compared to your current turbo sled? Are we going to have to mount a slip tank on it?

Top Bottom