nice pic i had.

Attachments

• IMG_20220811_114509.jpg
    IMG_20220811_114509.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 160

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chrisco you ever deal with Alex Miller from Sparwood? I think he used to own Outlaw Marina in Red Deer.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is the 2022 FireFish Convict Reaper 17 foot. Pay close attention to the pics of the bottom. I have some good time on it now to conclude that this is the most competent V8 shallow water boat I have ever driven. My tech support Niel can post some vids from the weekend when he has time
That is one sexy whip. Glad the intake is working as expected.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost uses a spoon set up like the race tunnels to feed the intake
You are exactly correct sir, radius bottom. Hold a spoon under the tap upside down same affect. good eye Mayno.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far I have found no con's to this tunnel intake at all, But the pros are large. I now have the ability to drag the bottom several times without needing to stomp the grate, last years boat and anyone with a 212 or 309 or 312 when you drag bottom your looking for a pool to set down and kick the grate. I can actually drag bottom 3 to 4 times hard and come off step and punch it with no cavitation at all....thats impressive. I also had to set the boat down because of a log jam at the end of a channel and pretty much cased the boat on the bottom, we spun it around pulled it to knee deep water and had 10 feet before it was ankle deep. I nutted it and the boat popped up good but I hit the ankle deep and drug on the bottom but I backed off the throttle on and off twice and she kept pumping water and I drove out like fk all. Also with the radius bottom the boat touches down in the middle of the boat and not the rear, got into a pool with no water touched down on the bottom and it was a real shitty spot and I was not gunna get stuck lol.... pinned it and the rear of the boat lifted with the belly still dragging and pushed me right out of the pool. There is not to many places this boat won't go and is capable of very low speed maneuvers in shallow tight channels. This is not the same Convict from previous years it is a total redesign, tunneled intake, sides are higher, floor is wider, helm is higher, every piece and cad drawing had to be redone. If you look at the back of the boat on the bottom there is no(after plain) the bottom came out 8 inches after the transom and had built in manual trim tabs. You can see on the back of mine there is no after plain except my trim tabs that are adjustable on the fly. Having them on the fly Via switch on the dash is awesome when needing to do anything over 40mph like crossing the lake at the brazz to get to the river, best of both worlds. It was a couple years talking about it before pulling the plug.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more I pick the pictures apart, the more I see that has me saying "Wow, that's cool"

I like the radius put on the UHMW on the sides of the intake and how much plastic protection it has all around the intake grate. that definitely helps it stay loaded while cornering.

Top Bottom