2022 FIREFISH 17 CONVICT 2.0

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The more I pick the pictures apart, the more I see that has me saying "Wow, that's cool"

I like the radius put on the UHMW on the sides of the intake and how much plastic protection it has all around the intake grate. that definitely helps it stay loaded while cornering.
The 2 UHMW bars you see on the sides of the intake are changeable if they wear out they just unbolt.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If this works I have more lol.
Love that channel, ever consider putting a foot throttle in as well. Have a buddy insist they are great for the technical driving. Thinking it would be great addition for control.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love that channel, ever consider putting a foot throttle in as well. Have a buddy insist they are great for the technical driving. Thinking it would be great addition for control.

In a sit down boat a foot throttle would be nice. But we stand up to run channels and would think it would be hard to operate while standing.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally understand the standing up part. I have seen the foot throttle in an Ali Craft, as well as in and Outlaw. It has to be frenched into the floor board so it can be used while standing as well as sitting.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a foot throttle in my boat and it was awesome for technical driving. I modified it so at wide open it was flat on the floor. I could react so much quicker with my foot than the with the hand throttle.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chrisco, say a guy was going to order one of the new convicts, anything a guy would change or make sure not to forget when ordering?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Chrisco, say a guy was going to order one of the new convicts, anything a guy would change or make sure not to forget when ordering?

Pretty awesome straight out of the box. And depends what you do with your boat. For me I like a doghouse and drop bow so I’d do that.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I’ve yet to get out in one but know a few fellas that own them. All good reports. I’m interested in the new intake for sure. Not a fan of the drop bow or doghouse, not that there’s anything wrong with either. I’ve been told I have a touch of OCD, and find the drop bow and dog house breed clutter, but that’s just me.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I’ve yet to get out in one but know a few fellas that own them. All good reports. I’m interested in the new intake for sure. Not a fan of the drop bow or doghouse, not that there’s anything wrong with either. I’ve been told I have a touch of OCD, and find the drop bow and dog house breed clutter, but that’s just me.

I just like them better for fishing. Way more storage with the full rear bench set up.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, I was inspired. Here is my new 2023 18' convict painted and heading to get rigged. DI 6.2 with Hami 212.

777.jpg

Top Bottom