2022 boat pics and memes

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Times are tough lol

Never tried to move the boat with the trophy wife’s Santa Fe… no biggie!

Could probably launch on 50st with this setup!!

0B45F5F2-6703-488C-A8A0-2EAD60F39227.jpeg

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
post some more pics! that looks like a great winch setup

bd2d78e5bde4011cef60ff83ea349637.jpg

60337a1773c20c5fc41c3bd932cd69fb.jpg

On a Full spool it will pull 3000 pounds vertical. Was going to get a Lewis which but they were on back order. Not really interested in a capstan which. As I need to have two items in the boat this way I have two tools in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a Full spool it will pull 3000 pounds vertical. Was going to get a Lewis which but they were on back order. Not really interested in a capstan which. As I need to have two items in the boat this way I have two tools in one.

How long do you figure to get a bar and chain back on her? 20 minutes? nice work

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long do you figure to get a bar and chain back on her? 20 minutes? nice work

The winch is held on by the two guard/ bar bolts. However Since I used a roller chain I also need to change the clutch. As long as I don’t drop the retaining clip I would say it’s a easy 20 min.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you go up it from the NSR? or put in off the north fork rd? Went up from the NSR years ago and it got a little rowdy. Had a few windows knocked out and a hole in the side of a boat trying to get up some rapids.

174mcx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up the NSR, I live on the NSR not far downstream, so I launch at home.

The north fork road bridge is only a km or less up from the confluence of the ram and NSR anyway.

Ya I've seen my fair few damaged boats from the ram, hopefully nobody got hurt.

I used to go a couple times a year up to the chutes. I used to try and get people to join me to go, I finally had a friend want to go and things didn't work out very well. He ended up in the hospital for stiches and I spent all night taking his truck around and trying to load his boat up at the mainline road. His boat was wreaked. I said I wasn't ever going again, felt bad for taking someone into that kind of situation.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went up the NSR, I live on the NSR not far downstream, so I launch at home.

The north fork road bridge is only a km or less up from the confluence of the ram and NSR anyway.

Ya I've seen my fair few damaged boats from the ram, hopefully nobody got hurt.

I used to go a couple times a year up to the chutes. I used to try and get people to join me to go, I finally had a friend want to go and things didn't work out very well. He ended up in the hospital for stiches and I spent all night taking his truck around and trying to load his boat up at the mainline road. His boat was wreaked. I said I wasn't ever going again, felt bad for taking someone into that kind of situation.
Ya, our little trip was similar. Had a guy in a 16ft lynx with a 240 ahead of us, and we caught up just after his first and last chute attempt. Kinda glad I was late, as I was in a sport 17ft step tech and pretty sure I would have taken a run at it. Couple cuts and scraps, and pair of underwear and a trip to outlaw. when's the beat time of year to run up there? guessing you don't want the too high or too low. sounds like the upper red is really low right now.

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup. Usually run up past sundre from Glenifer. Likely 3 or 4 boats heading up Saturday and Sunday. What are you running for a boat?

Last edited:

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my eyes opened up this summer on that Glenniffer past Sundre stretch... I didn't know if we should have brought a side by side or the 2 minis and a 15' ahahhaha! what a ride!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The water may be a bit low that boat right now. I ran onto a buddy in a 18' Convict yesterday. He said it was pretty skinny for that boat and its an 8*. Guessing your not running Teflon, and are you are 12*? I know the boat will get up that river no problem, coming down is when the issues arise if ya miss a turn.

Top Bottom