2022-2023-Mcbride conditions and updates

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing Maxwell missed it the riders themselves. Some of the riders, probaley a lot of the riders don't demonstrate proper throttle control. It's off the trailer and on the throttle. The Renshaw trail is a beutiful scenic trail that should be enjoyed at a leasurely pace. I know that it 30 some K to the cabin but WTF is the hurry. I know I've rolled up to the cabin on more that one occcation and seen dozens of sleds just sitting there. If you have enough time in your day to just sit at the cabin then I would suggest that you have enough time to take it nice and easy on your way up. I don't know hopw many times I've seen people pull full throotle on take off and then lock up their brakes and skid into the corners pushing up snow as they round the corners. That knid of riding is good and fine on a snowcross track where athe track is short and groomed several times during an event.

You can all tell me to go pound sand (or snow in this case) but take responsiblity of your actions and don't bitch about how bad the trails are. The groomers and volunteers all do their part to make the ride in as enjoyable as possible, but you as a rider have some responsibilty to show some respect to the work these people do. I myself have ridden the Renshaw since '94. Their was no grooming in the earlier year. The whiners these days have no Idea what rough is. Think about that the next time you come roosting out of a corner.
Usually that plays a factor but last weekend that was not the case, was whooped up from morning to night, too many sleds for one groom every 24 hrs was the kicker

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into Lucielle yesterday. Snow was ok. But the trail was absolutely immaculate. Could have rode up and back down drinking coffee from an open cup without spilling a drop. Did hear chatter in the hot tub last night of the Renshaw trail being a test of willpower getting in and out though.

Last edited:

vanislerev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like more snow in the forecast yet too. Looking up.
Anyone riding mid week? Tossing around blasting out for a day or two if anyone has room for one more in their group

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into Lucielle yesterday. Snow was ok. But the trail was absolutely immaculate. Could have rode up and back down drinking coffee from an open cup without spilling a drop. Did hear chatter in the hot tub last night of the Renshaw trail being a test of willpower getting in and out though.

Had family in Macbride Friday, same shatshow, looks like no change, you all get to suck it up.
Need to double groom to make a base memory or its gonna be a Family Day Weekend to remember for a lot of families.

Bring lots of Tylenol.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddy finally retrieved the Turbo Doo from the lake! Borrowed a skid and track and installed on the hill! Sled was buried and packed with snow but started second pull!

Attachments

• EA166049-6C7C-437C-BDBC-CA94B32C163E.jpeg
    EA166049-6C7C-437C-BDBC-CA94B32C163E.jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 256
  • C859DA72-74AB-4DFF-B440-0B6902FC3B58.jpeg
    C859DA72-74AB-4DFF-B440-0B6902FC3B58.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 255

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had family in Macbride Friday, same shatshow, looks like no change, you all get to suck it up.
Need to double groom to make a base memory or its gonna be a Family Day Weekend to remember for a lot of families.

Bring lots of Tylenol.
would you like a little cheeze with that?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys said there was about 12 inches of new but still lots of deeper if exploring. There has been quite an accumulation from the big weekend 2 week ago but still low conditions overall. Hotrod went up early 11am on Thursday, waited till everyone left and then came down giving the trail 10-12 hrs of setup, plus temps dropped considerably! Boys said trail was great up and back Friday.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boys said there was about 12 inches of new but still lots of deeper if exploring. There has been quite an accumulation from the big weekend 2 week ago but still low conditions overall. Hotrod went up early 11am on Thursday, waited till everyone left and then came down giving the trail 10-12 hrs of setup, plus temps dropped considerably! Boys said trail was great up and back Friday.

Trail was great Friday and OKish heading down today- way better than two weeks ago when it sucked balls.
Such a great area to ride.

The guys you know that tore the track off hauled in a tack and skid and 6drove sled out from Ghost Lake. They where quick on the swap, maybe the axle.....

Nice to see the grooming improvement.
Snow was friggin awsome!!

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope.

Just some decent grooming like last weekend on at least a semi-consistant basis. Everybody there agreed, including shotgun groomer. Worst weekend ever. Accept it, and let's see what changes get made.
It's hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I'm sure that the groomers are doing the best they can with the conditions they have to deal with.
Nope.

Just some decent grooming like last weekend on at least a semi-consistant basis. Everybody there agreed, including shotgun groomer. Worst weekend ever. Accept it, and let's see what changes get made.
It's hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I am certaian that the groomer are doing the best that they can do with the conditions that they have to deal with. There are a few of things that you have to remember. The number of riders up that trail have increased over the years that lead to the deteriation of the trail. The weather plays a big part on setting the trail and thirdly the riders that are riding up the trail. I've riden that trail befor groomers existist. Believe me, you have no Idea what rough looks like, maybe you do and your memory fails you. Be thankful for the groomer and the great work they do.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I'm sure that the groomers are doing the best they can with the conditions they have to deal with.

It's hard to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. I am certaian that the groomer are doing the best that they can do with the conditions that they have to deal with. There are a few of things that you have to remember. The number of riders up that trail have increased over the years that lead to the deteriation of the trail. The weather plays a big part on setting the trail and thirdly the riders that are riding up the trail. I've riden that trail befor groomers existist. Believe me, you have no Idea what rough looks like, maybe you do and your memory fails you. Be thankful for the groomer and the great work they do.

None of you excuses for the trail hold up for the weekend/ends in question. Each excuse has also been given a solution by others, not only me.
Renshaw is a long ride, but it also has a reputation to many seasoned riders that choose to stay away.
Oh and I have been riding Renshaw when there was no groomer or cabin and still ride the few open areas around Mcbride that see no groomer to this day. Bad assumption.

How about dealing with the problem's soloutions instead of dwelling on "that's it, thats all we can do" when that is not at all the case.
Biggest managed area in BC could provide sooo much more income for the the town if this got cleaned up but pretty clear excuses are easier.

Just beatin a near dead horse on this and I see nobody is gonna call the vet to save it either.
Just let the topic die it's slow death, enough bad press on it alrady for no results.

Hope everybody had a great family day weekend where ever you where.
We had a sled crushing weekend.....lol
Nobody hurt just some A arms and bumpers.

Attachments

• 20230217_111316.jpg
    20230217_111316.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_20230218_211725.jpg
    IMG_20230218_211725.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

Summitizer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod this morning, great snowfall this past weekend with Renshaw up to 30 plus inches and Lucielle and Belle seeing 18 inches. Big crowds for the family day holiday!! Today, hardly anyone!!
It was awesome. Shout out to the people of mcbride, we had a great time. Trail was great, groomed every day. If some people think the trail was bad, they should have rode the trails before grooming was brought in. Keep up the great work and we will be back.

Top Bottom