2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Link to read Public release on Rev snow club site .
The links beside provide some information.
The secretary seemed to leave not soon before the petition. HMMMM!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
This message may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information of Madison Square Garden Sports Corp. or......

I found it very interesting that the above sentence was included in one of the pages. The RSC is definitely a big organization and obviously “lawyerized” which it should be. But to be associated with Madison Square Garden is a bit of a surprise.

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm was Ozone right? He did mention some changes on Boulder… some big money investors… Something to do with the current or former President…. Ski runs above peaks lodge

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hmm was Ozone right? He did mention some changes on Boulder… some big money investors… Something to do with the current or former President…. Ski runs above peaks lodge
I can picture those ski runs now ……. Down the cliff🤦‍♂️
EB8EB007-576D-4B84-985B-D2E66CB87258.png

NoBrakes!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol Do you remember the story he was telling? Lorne did/does? own the Basecamp just west of Peaks... Where the hills look a little more skiable... I forgot you're from Revy so you're cool and you know it all lol... I miss O ZONE

Look a little left of peaks...

1652569216133.png

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Far from knowing it all ,but being that I’ve lived here since 1955 I may have a little local knowledge. The skihill already here -RMR has the most vertical in North America with an elevation of over 8000’ with an already established hotel and another under construction along with a golf course .There are so many hoops to jump through to even begin with the first getting the natives onboard then environment studies ( pray there hasn’t been a caribou set foot on the land) then tenure on crown land ( heli ski operations) and ,and , and .

Attachments

• 4EBE1325-F3A5-4891-8664-574D097A118F.png
    4EBE1325-F3A5-4891-8664-574D097A118F.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 137

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Far from knowing it all ,but being that I’ve lived here since 1955 I may have a little local knowledge. The skihill already here -RMR has the most vertical in North America with an elevation of over 8000’ with an already established hotel and another under construction along with a golf course .There are so many hoops to jump through to even begin with the first getting the natives onboard then environment studies ( pray there hasn’t been a caribou set foot on the land) then tenure on crown land ( heli ski operations) and ,and , and .
Easy boys//

Wrong, and wrong\

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is all very confusing...

Nov 15, 2021 - Lorne resigns and states the bylaw requiring him to live within 50kms of Revy is the reason.
March 28, 2022 - Rob resigns but no reason is disclosed.
April 20, 2022 - Brianna resigns and states that due recent events she feels her opinions and values do not align with other directors and the direction of the club.
April 28, 2022 - The remaining board members (Who are now majority because the others already left) vote to remove Brad and Ron via petition.

Is there any way for us members to gather some additional info? This is pretty odd and I imagine us paying members would definitely like to stay in the loop with what is going on in the background... And i agree the fact that it seems MSG group made its way onto the letter is odd as well. Wonder whats the scoop there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Nov 15, 2021 - Lorne resigns and states the bylaw requiring him to live within 50kms of Revy is the reason.
April 20, 2022 - Brianna resigns and states that due recent events she feels her opinions and values do not align with other directors and the direction of the club.
April 28, 2022 - The remaining board members (Who are now majority because the others already left) vote to remove Brad and Ron via petition.

Is there any way for us members to gather some additional info? This is pretty odd and I imagine us paying members would definitely like to stay in the loop with what is going on in the background... And i agree the fact that it seems MSG group made its way onto the letter is odd as well. Wonder whats the scoop there.
Small time drama at its finest.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Go to the meetings or Zoom in.

Every member has a vote for every meeting and can ask for things to be added to the meeting agendas.
Just follow the bylaws....Simple...
You also must follow proper board etiquette when speaking, voting, etc....

I beleive the next board meeting is the 26th of this month.

Last edited:

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to the meetings or Zoom in.

Every member has a vote for every meeting and can ask for things to be added to the meeting agendas.
Just follow the bylaws....Simple...
You also must follow proper board etiquette when speaking, voting, etc....

I beleive the next board meeting is the 26th of this month.

Yes thanks I do plan on trying to be available for the next board meeting to zoom in on the 26th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just spoke with a person pretty close to the club. Sounds like there are some parties that would really like to change things for all the users, as to try to get less sledders coming to Revy. I don't know the person involved, but do know Brad Mcstay very well. For a group of people to blind side him and Ron Laroy would take a special kind of person. From the chit chat around camp fire, it sounds the these individual's are wanting to thin the herd in Revy by jacking the membership cost to keep it somewhat exclusive, as well as get rid of any corporate sponsorship. I'm sure all of us would like to see a few less people on the hill and in the parking lot, but this seems a little more malice.

This seems all to fishy, as the last couple years have brought record revenue to club? So why get rid of the people who have broke their back for the club for the last 20+ years? If anyone wants to have their vote of who we want in charge of the club, you can simply buy a non-rider membership for $25.00 and I believe there is a online zoom meeting any member can attend on Thursday May 26th. I will try to get a little better intel, and update when i get something. I would definitely get on board with voting, because once some things are in place they can be extremely hard to undo.

Jjanke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with a person pretty close to the club. Sounds like there are some parties that would really like to change things for all the users, as to try to get less sledders coming to Revy. I don't know the person involved, but do know Brad Mcstay very well. For a group of people to blind side him and Ron Laroy would take a special kind of person. From the chit chat around camp fire, it sounds the these individual's are wanting to thin the herd in Revy by jacking the membership cost to keep it somewhat exclusive, as well as get rid of any corporate sponsorship. I'm sure all of us would like to see a few less people on the hill and in the parking lot, but this seems a little more malice.

This seems all to fishy, as the last couple years have brought record revenue to club? So why get rid of the people who have broke their back for the club for the last 20+ years? If anyone wants to have their vote of who we want in charge of the club, you can simply buy a non-rider membership for $25.00 and I believe there is a online zoom meeting any member can attend on Thursday May 26th. I will try to get a little better intel, and update when i get something. I would definitely get on board with voting, because once some things are in place they can be extremely hard to undo.

Interesting. So is it the people who remain who want to thin the herd or the people who left the club who did?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Panzerdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone is making sense to me can’t go to the gas station can’t go to the restaurant can’t park at the hotel can’t park at the parking lot can’t warm up at the cabin. It’s to busy for me and will always ride elsewhere

Top Bottom