2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

Mathious

Reaction score
Anyone riding Revy or sicamous area tomorrow? I’m looking to tag along, got all my gear and training and a decent rider.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone riding Revy or sicamous area tomorrow? I’m looking to tag along, got all my gear and training and a decent rider.
Heading down Dec 2, riding the 3, 4 & 5.
4 experienced one newbie.
All of us kinda new to that area. Rode there last year for the 1st time.

Staying at Peaks. Most likely just ride from there.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel free to express your opinion if you happen to encounter this group when you come sledding in Revelstoke. They have set up shop on the Akolkolex fsr . They are an offshoot of the Fairy creek protestors

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea I wonder how encounters with a blockade and Sledder’s is gonna go down.

Some people have a lot of money invested into a trip and to just to get turned around. I see heated discussion happening.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

Some people have a lot of money invested into a trip and to just to get turned around. I see heated discussion happening.
Probably not to well.

These guys are up the Alkokelex FSR.........

Really not a high demand area for sledders (basically no sledding when logging going on) and most go to Frisby or Boulder.

The area is very, very, high avy risk anyway and think will be off the books for sledding this year with the way the weather has been...

Check Avalanche.ca also today folks before heading out......Lots of full HIGH warnings and some are EXTREME.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I’m hoping the loggers will organize and as the protesters set up shop an excavator is removing the road leaving them and their vehicles stranded . How ironic and hypocritical that they feel justified in cutting down trees to protest logging . I’m sure they have their cutting permits, firewood permit and license of occupation on crown land permit . You know - those kinda things that working people need to get a days work done , feed their families and pay the mortgage .

Brentk

Reaction score
i think it's an excuse to get together have a fire and camp in middle of nowhere,,an excuse to be lazy and not work,,well and be psycho together. There's no way they are all lasting out there that long anyways. They will need supplies that come from the "system", probably have to fill up gas, groceries and check their iPhones and online Amazon accounts lol.

Frisby was super deep and super mashed potatoes, difficult riding. nothing slid, but was a little sketchy still. all of this mush needs to settle and should be an awesome base. The worst avalanche conditions are a big dump sitting on hoare frost, but this would be next in line.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Frisby was super deep and super mashed potatoes, difficult riding. nothing slid, but was a little sketchy still. all of this mush needs to settle and should be an awesome base. The worst avalanche conditions are a big dump sitting on hoare frost, but this would be next in line.
Thanks for the conditions report.....

Lots of areas on the ski hill are closed today also..........

Sketchy is to say the least.
Ticking time bomb with these snow conditions...
7 Degrees today,,,10 degrees tommorow.
Coupled with the rain to the top. Best to wait her out for abit!
Just my 2 cents...

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is water channels?? I see ski marks?
It was worse in the original post I made which I thought was a screen shot from the webcam yesterday at noon, but it looks like I linked the webcam somehow. so its just showing the current webcam footage. Sorry, my tech skills suck apparently. LOL

The rain channels would have been the little gullies in the snow that looked like maybe covered ski tracks when you looked at it yesterday.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I’m hoping the loggers will organize and as the protesters set up shop an excavator is removing the road leaving them and their vehicles stranded . How ironic and hypocritical that they feel justified in cutting down trees to protest logging . I’m sure they have their cutting permits, firewood permit and license of occupation on crown land permit . You know - those kinda things that working people need to get a days work done , feed their families and pay the mortgage .
LOL Before I read your post I was thinking along the same lines of why not just plow a snow berm up at the 1 km mark....seems like a walk to the car or into town in "revy deep" snow in the middle of winter will probably kill a lot of enthusiasm for protesting just to get the instagram and facebook cred they are hoping for. Sad when they can shut down someone's livelihood without confirmation that there is any actual old growth logging occurring.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feel free to express your opinion if you happen to encounter this group when you come sledding in Revelstoke. They have set up shop on the Akolkolex fsr . They are an offshoot of the Fairy creek protestors
They picked the perfect weather to protest. I hope they enjoy it.

Top Bottom