2021-2022 Revelstoke Area Updates

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Post that mutherfawker.

Who cares.
Go to the meeting.
The e-mail and attachments were pretty clear and explained everthing. Clearly said for members only.
Point 5 from from document.

5. Refrain from discussing this matter with media, government, community
members, stakeholders, or groups outside of the process until the final report
is complete. This is to ensure that the Members can initiate this work without
threat of the Club being impacted financially by damage to brand or plagued
with rumors, gossip or slander that could further impact the Club.

This site is not a RSC members only site.
GEESH!
lol!
Ride. Big group going today.
Could be last ride of season.
Snow going fast boys.
Down to 6ft

Last edited:

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Meeting is “in person” only, June 27. I’m tempted to go for a drive and watch the madness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow line is at 11k on the kirkup if anyone is wondering.

Pretty good for june 11th

20220611_142119.jpg

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Snow line is at 11k on the kirkup if anyone is wondering.

Pretty good for june 11th

View attachment 257005

We are just driving home from our annual late spring (summer??) ride. That’s exactly where we unloaded on Friday june 10 we could not punch past. There was a few real good stretches of gravel after that point though… around the 12.5-13km mark. Burned a hole though our skis. But probed 240cm at the cabin which was awesome. Had fun in the Airports most of the day.

27294b529fcaad481c094925325c4bc1.jpg

Yesterday we rode Joss and had an awesome day up there. Unloaded a few km before the climb in, could not get around one of the switchbacks. Also some good stretches of gravel along the way in. Pretty sure our necks burnt. Came down and enjoyed the view before loading up to head back to town. Also probed 235cm up in the alpine

155805824e58e824e6ea227b0c362c0a.jpg

9cbfad19aa993b5681d89eb9b81823a3.jpg

efdf3ab0e4286d48665b0e551ad5c9b5.jpg

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are just driving home from our annual late spring (summer??) ride. That’s exactly where we unloaded on Friday june 10 we could not punch past. There was a few real good stretches of gravel after that point though… around the 12.5-13km mark. Burned a hole though our skis. But probed 240cm at the cabin which was awesome. Had fun in the Airports most of the day.

27294b529fcaad481c094925325c4bc1.jpg

Yesterday we rode Joss and had an awesome day up there. Unloaded a few km before the climb in, could not get around one of the switchbacks. Also some good stretches of gravel along the way in. Pretty sure our necks burnt. Came down and enjoyed the view before loading up to head back to town. Also probed 235cm up in the alpine

155805824e58e824e6ea227b0c362c0a.jpg

9cbfad19aa993b5681d89eb9b81823a3.jpg

efdf3ab0e4286d48665b0e551ad5c9b5.jpg

Nice, i wish i had my sled with me.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice, i wish i had my sled with me.

I was surprised we did not see anyone else on the hills. But would be curious if going up Bezanson would have been a better choice / less gravel.

Leaving town today we did cross a grey dodge decked up heading south, curious where they would have went today

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was surprised we did not see anyone else on the hills. But would be curious if going up Bezanson would have been a better choice / less gravel.

Leaving town today we did cross a grey dodge decked up heading south, curious where they would have went today

I think the kirkup is the best way to go this time of year. Plus there is mountain bike trafic that way right now.

Could go almost anywhere right now im thinking. Keystone, Sale, Caribou ext

Edit: you said south. Secret spots probably behind hall. Who knows, maybe 51 or trout lake even..

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the kirkup is the best way to go this time of year. Plus there is mountain bike trafic that way right now.

Could go almost anywhere right now im thinking. Keystone, Sale, Caribou ext

Edit: you said south. Secret spots probably behind hall. Who knows, maybe 51 or trout lake even..

Yes lots of bike traffic up there good point.

And when I said south I meant to say West… we crossed them on the Bridge, so in theory could have turned south towards Ferry, did not see though. I would think access to many places is still good if you’re adventurous enough. Just Costs ya a pair of skis haha

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes lots of bike traffic up there good point.

And when I said south I meant to say West… we crossed them on the Bridge, so in theory could have turned south towards Ferry, did not see though. I would think access to many places is still good if you’re adventurous enough. Just Costs ya a pair of skis haha

Ya we were just talking about that today, you ever see those old plastic ski skins that guys put over their metal skis way back?

Any ways we were thinking a guy could mabe run those and it would save your skis.

Last edited:

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya we were just talking about that today, you ever see those old plastic ski skins that guys put over their metal skis way back?

Any ways we were thinking a guy could mabe run those and it would save your skis.
I've always thought reversing that would be good. Metal ski skins over the plastic skis for the gravel and ditch them for the rest of the day like a gas drop.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ski slips (used to be called ski skins for the old metal skis). You can buy em from SLP.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've always thought reversing that would be good. Metal ski skins over the plastic skis for the gravel and ditch them for the rest of the day like a gas drop.

Ive never seen the metal ones, but ya that would work.

And forsure, id take them off after the gravel. Just need them to get to the snow.

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Duke you need a pair of "Super Slider Snow Skates" for your skis.........

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Simmons were just about indestructible if you kept the carbides on them.

I had simmons skis on a couple sleds, but had a hard time even finding carbides for them.

Ended up making my own.

Top Bottom