2021-2022 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

mybigredford

Reaction score
We rode Renshaw today. We didn’t travel too far from the cabin and found decent snow. In the meadows was about 1 ft and lots of tracks but we still rode fresh. In the trees was 1-2 ft and still some to be found. The main routes are like highways, and it was socked in a little so we never went to the backside. Not sure how it was there. We were at Lucille yesterday, and it was so pounded (never seen it like that before) we wouldn’t go there unless they get a reload. Might go to Belle tomorrow.
Crap, heading there tomorrow for two days......I like lucille but dont like the sound of that. Might have to try renshaw out.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Belle was pretty good yesterday. Sun was out and weather warmed up a little. In the trees and away from all the main areas we found lots of fresh. Seems like anything technical in the trees or just getting away from all the straight pulls, we found decent snow.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the group that was smoking ciggies and pot in the Lucille cabin, give your head a shake. More then just you guys that use the cabins and mountain. I'm bringing my kids and wife up, sure hope we don't run into that again. My sled gear still reeks, 2 days later and we were only in the cabin to thaw goggles and left - 5 min. There was such a haze you almost couldn't see through the cabin. Gross.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you ask them to take it outside???
No. Me and my buddy don't deal with confrontation well, and didn't feel like getting into it - meaning if we got static, it would probably have escalated. We left and went riding for another 1/2 hour and split, as it was the end of the day anyway. I see what you're getting at, and no matter what, we should have said something. If I was there with the wife and kids, I probably would have. But also, I shouldn't have to say anything.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh, and the group that was smoking ciggies and pot in the Lucille cabin, give your head a shake. More then just you guys that use the cabins and mountain. I'm bringing my kids and wife up, sure hope we don't run into that again. My sled gear still reeks, 2 days later and we were only in the cabin to thaw goggles and left - 5 min. There was such a haze you almost couldn't see through the cabin. Gross.
Getting to be more and more of those disrespectful selfish A-s holes on the hills each year.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Renshaw today and front and back tracked but if you ventured out you get rewarded.
Spent about 5 hours in two spots with no tracks when we got there.

Renshaw never disappoints.
Thought we went further but it was still a 155km day. Got a couple more spots to hit tomorrow.
Be about 155km again.
Revx might post, he took some pics.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At Renshaw today and front and back tracked but if you ventured out you get rewarded.
Spent about 5 hours in two spots with no tracks when we got there.

Renshaw never disappoints.
Thought we went further but it was still a 155km day. Got a couple more spots to hit tomorrow.
Be about 155km again.
Revx might post, he took some pics.
Might see you on the hill tomorrow Randy!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7B0DFBE0-5843-4131-B813-14472EB5BC63.jpeg
484E4838-C073-47AF-825F-C18CB536461D.jpeg
4D1C8053-3AF2-4318-A256-DE018F4D7C45.jpeg

Found some fresh.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good chatting with you today.
Snow was good at Spirit and east to Alberta border.
Still found large tracts of untouched to play in today.
We found decent snow right in cabin valley. Parked right beside you today Randy.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found decent snow right in cabin valley. Parked right beside you today Randy.
We went east of Spirit towards Alberta.
Basically no tracks there other than ours from the day before.
Went to some pockets that I had not been to in a few years and still some secret spot that have not been touched.
Shorter day at about 145km.
And the Boost has not skipped a beat yet, arms stretched every day.

Last edited:

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the stretched arms. Kinda surprised me a few times when she stands up and fawks right off. Lots of traction makes things interesting in a hurry.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure makes you want to leave some bait stuff out. Fix them fackers

I kept getting thieves taking my full sled fuel jerry cans from my house as I always stored them between the fence and shed. Anyways went to go sledding one morning and my jerry cans were gone again so I had to rush and go buy and fill a couple and was none to pleased. I had an old 20L jerry can in the shed that had some old mix fuel in it so I took a handful of dirt, some paint thinner, some kerosene, and pissed in it. Then topped it up with about 3-4 litres of gas and stashed by my shed again. Well about a week later I’m driving to work at 530 am and I see a jerry can empty laying on the road. I picked it up and sure enough it was my bait can empty. About a block or two later there was a broke down car on the side of the main road lol. Never had someone come steal my fuel again

174BIGRIG

Reaction score
Seen the rcmp truck with an empty sled trailer and ghost car in the lot when we left today, anyone see them on the hill? Weren’t at the cabin when we left.

Top Bottom