Reaction score

Attachments

• A5CDD14E-7229-407E-90E5-91F550884718.jpeg
    A5CDD14E-7229-407E-90E5-91F550884718.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 442

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
oh, there will be yoinking from that group no matter what happens....lol........i think its just a side effect of the doolaide

The side effects of the Doolaide have been positive in this camp. Nice to read the jabbing and cajoling but some of the real disgruntled people get a little boring saying the same old, same old for years.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The side effects of the Doolaide have been positive in this camp. Nice to read the jabbing and cajoling but some of the real disgruntled people get a little boring saying the same old, same old for years.

are you suggesting I'm disgruntled?.....far from it man......I find this hilarious. My choice of brand has worked for my needs for many many years.....

You want something new and refreshing?.....get a doo guy to admit that the other brands are actually pretty good too....

The Polaris, Yammy and Cat crowd really have no problem admitting that....others....not so much....

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Polaris is just going to sell 2019 models in 2020 in order to let the competition catch up a bit so there won't be a release date for Polaris. Might even extend it a couple more years to 2023 for next update. All should be about even by then. (except pricing)
So your taking Yamaha's stance? That formula should get you to single digit market share for sure!;)

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
are you suggesting I'm disgruntled?.....far from it man......I find this hilarious. My choice of brand has worked for my needs for many many years.....

You want something new and refreshing?.....get a doo guy to admit that the other brands are actually pretty good too....

The Polaris, Yammy and Cat crowd really have no problem admitting that....others....not so much....

Hey man, I read and read quite well. I have never said nor suggested that you were disgruntled. We all know who the disgruntled ones are and they keep on bringing up the same old, same old year after year.

You are far from being disgruntled. I rather like your sanity and humour.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I read and read quite well. I have never said nor suggested that you were disgruntled. We all know who the disgruntled ones are and they keep on bringing up the same old, same old year after year.

You are far from being disgruntled. I rather like your sanity and humour.

Some might want to add "lack of" and "in" to your words, but hey, its all good ....all in fun. I know what I drive gets me to where I want to go and sometimes back home too....lol

LukeD

Reaction score
Wow that took a left turn, but then again lots of threads do hahaha. Thanks to those who had dates. Hoping 2020 is a great year worthy of upgrading. If so, ‘17 850 will be up for sale. Any takers ?? ������

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
........... ‘17 850 will be up for sale. Any takers ?? ������

Hahaha......Luke. I sold both of the '17's and am presently enjoying the '18 and '19. Don't know what they could do to make the '20 better. I doo agree with a better gauge package. I can read the gauge going up the trail but not riding in the trees (too small and too much snow on it). Love the removable tail flap for coming off the deck, working in the deep snow, and for reverse. Pretty neat little gimmick.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
isnt cat due to replace their 9 year old chassis?
It’s almost the phaserII of the modern era. Phaser was in production from 1984 to 1998. So should be able to milk the M series chassis for another 5 years I think...

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 year warranty??

WHY NOT

Taken from; https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/02/29/the-other-bombardier-is-doing-just-fine-thanks.html

Three weeks from now Bombardier will be spinning its good news story to the analysts’ community.
No, not that Bombardier, the one with the troubled C Series aircraft, which appears to suffer bad news as a daily occurrence, Friday’s being the filing for bankruptcy protection by client Republic Airways.

seadoo.jpg
A Toronto Police Marine unit officer on a Seadoo was part of a police presence on the water during a CNE Air Show in thie file photo. . (DAVID COOPER / TORONTO STAR)

But the other Bombardier as in Bombardier Recreational Products Inc., the company formally known as BRP. Readers may forget that the mass transit version of the company (undelivered streetcars and planes seeking government bailout) is a relatively new creation. Following a first entry into rail in the mid-Seventies, the company pushed into aerospace in 1986. The Ski-Doo roots of the historic Quebec firm — Joseph-Armand Bombardier’s l’Auto-Neige Bombardier Limitée — were sold off more than a decade ago.
The story arc of the two companies should cause taxpayers to wonder: why should the federal government pony up $1 billion to help rescue aerospace while the Bombardier/Beaudoin clan enjoys Ski-Doo profits?
I am being simplistic.

But it’s worth reviewing, I think, that the Bombardier and Beaudoin families, the privately-held Beaudier Group, were part of the investor collective, along with Bain Capital and the Caisse de dépôt, that took the recreational products division private in 2003.
Roadsters, personal watercraft, snowmobiles, Sea-Doos, parts and accessories. An editor once cautioned me never to use the word “astonished” in a story. “We are never astonished,” he said dryly. But, really, it’s quite astonishing to see the scope of BRP today.
Lynx snowmobiles and Evinrude E-Tec outboard motors. Side-by-side all terrain vehicles that look like a whole heckuva lot of fun, with names like Maverick Max X DS Turbo. As the company likes to say, “Nothing is more valuable than your playtime.”
This extends to Baby Boomers with motorcycle dreams but lacking in gumption. Behold the three-wheeled Spyders. Cycle World wondered: “Is this creation something that only mother Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) can love, or is it a strangely desirable missing link between an automobile’s effortless stability and a motorcycle’s un-caged freedom?” The magazine concluded that the Spyder was fun. The L. A. Times dubbed it the “Batmobike.”
BRP has a workforce pushing 7,000. Manufacturing operations in Mexico, Austria, Finland and the U.S., as well as here at home. A few numbers: For the nine months ended last Oct. 31, the company posted a net income of $80 million on sales of $2.7 billion.Consider the growth curve: full year profits in fiscal 2015 were $70 million. The year before that: $60 million. Profits, profits, profits.The group of investors that took the company private in 2003, took it public in the spring of 2013. Six months later, as Bain sold down part of its position, Beaudier Inc. was left with voting control, through multiple voting shares, of 43.9 per cent.

Laurent Beaudoin, son-in-law of Joseph-Armand Bombardier, is chair of the board. J. R. Andre Bombardier is vice-chair.
Full credit for getting the company to where it is today. The global financial crisis meant a meltdown too for BRP. The company laid off close to 1,000 workers in December, 2008, most of them at the company’s base operations in Valcourt, Que. Its initial public offering was stalled for a time.
In December, the company announced that coincident with increased investment in Valcourt it was instituting a pay freeze at operations there, commencing this month.
The analysts’ community is exhibiting a shared love of BRP, with multiple buy recommendations for its $16 stock.
I was astonished, truly, to realize that in stark contrast Bombardier trades at a buck.
The monies already thrown at Bombardier have been well documented: the $1 billion (U.S.) from the Quebec government; the $1.5 billion from the Caisse. Now the company has gone cap in hand to the federal government. Luckily for the Bombardier and Beaudoin clans, they can claim success elsewhere. Too bad taxpayers don’t share in that.

So much profit and still won't bail their own shet out, but rather get hand out's.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yamaha uses slave labour to build amps and guitars.
Not that it has anything to do with the 2020 sled release dates. Just thought you should know :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All I know is after riding with an alpha and a couple new 850’ish poo’s both work very well and have really stepped their games up. Will be interesting to see what the ‘20 releases look like from all the 2s camps.

Top Bottom