2020 GMC 3L diesel

bcjeepr

Reaction score
Some guy said, he extended the coolant tank relief hose to the front of his truck, cured it for him . But may not help if parked in an Garage ?

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guy said, he extended the coolant tank relief hose to the front of his truck, cured it for him . But may not help if parked in an Garage ?
For sure need it fixed proper, was his same truck

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If concerned about the overflow possibly spitting just occasionally maybe try draining .5-1 litres from the rad. Give it more room to expand before it actually pukes out.

But I suppose with dye that should be fairly obvious if that was happening.

And if it isn’t using coolant…. Huh. Weird

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If concerned about the overflow possibly spitting just occasionally maybe try draining .5-1 litres from the rad. Give it more room to expand before it actually pukes out.

But I suppose with dye that should be fairly obvious if that was happening.

And if it isn’t using coolant…. Huh. Weird
With not leaving evidence of a leak but just a whisper of a smell it's going to take sometime to use any.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GM doesn't work that way, trust me I've been there.

GM will not provide a loaner vehicle until there is a diagnosed issue with the vehicle, if the mechanics can't find a leak there is no issue in GMs eyes and no loaner will be provided.

The problem with these small GM diesels is the small numbers of them that are sold, the mechanics aren't used to working on them and don't yet know the common trouble points to look towards. The big diesels usually get better service because at any given time there is guaranteed to be one in the service bay, the mechanics simply get more experience on them and understand where the common failure points are.
Oh, believe me I've worked on enough of the 3.0 l lol

Done this job twice now lol
20211108_115848.jpg
20211108_115854.jpg

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been thinking of getting one , what is your opinion so far?
Love the truck and motor summer mileage 35-37 mpg, that was to Kelowna and back, Whitecourt to Slave pulling 4500lb boat 16mpg, this is in a gmc denali short box,

Attachments

• 2020 GMC MPG.jpg
    2020 GMC MPG.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 84

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What was the issue, they have replaced our complete exhaust system because of something in a filter.
Yes that's the scr-dpf filter

One big chunk of awesomeness

Wasn't cleaning properly

Top Bottom