2019 to 2020 Ram Cummins CP4 Pump

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
AMA is best friend, 200 a year I think ?
5 service calls a year
1 for 500 kms
4 for about 200kms or less. Maybe get you go stoney dodge ?
A great idea. Thanks. However no one knows how long its going to take Dodge to get the recall parts out. Just gonna bite the bullet and pay the money to get the CP3 conversion and then should never have to worry about it again. I've been checking on Chryslers website and you can submit your bill if you paid for a recall to be done on your truck out of pocket. Going to try that as a last ditch effort.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for everyone's benefit. Have the CP3 Upgrade done in my 2020 but never came from Chrysler. Is a bout a $4,000 bill to do it on your own. Now the 2020 is fully deleted and CP4 can be shot out of a cannon to ensure that no one else is plagued with that problem child. Truck went from 15L per/100KM stock down to 11.5L/100KM as verified by filling up at the pump and not relying on the meter on the dash which says its getting 9L/100KM now instead of 13L/100KM from stock. All in all with the 75HP tow tune very impressed with the power and throttle response from the tune and delete. Exhaust Brake holds back way better now too! Going to send the receipt away to Chrysler to see if i can get reimbursed for the parts and labor to install the CP3...but not holding my breathe on that one.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a common benefit, hugely improved fuel economy with this modification?

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a common benefit, hugely improved fuel economy with this modification?
The fuel economy comes mostly from the DEF and DPF Delete. The CP3 does put out 25% more fuel to your truck though making it more efficient and way easier on your injectors and other fuel components in the end as they are not starving for fuel.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So for everyone's benefit. Have the CP3 Upgrade done in my 2020 but never came from Chrysler. Is a bout a $4,000 bill to do it on your own. Now the 2020 is fully deleted and CP4 can be shot out of a cannon to ensure that no one else is plagued with that problem child. Truck went from 15L per/100KM stock down to 11.5L/100KM as verified by filling up at the pump and not relying on the meter on the dash which says its getting 9L/100KM now instead of 13L/100KM from stock. All in all with the 75HP tow tune very impressed with the power and throttle response from the tune and delete. Exhaust Brake holds back way better now too! Going to send the receipt away to Chrysler to see if i can get reimbursed for the parts and labor to install the CP3...but not holding my breathe on that one.
Unfortunately FCA Canada isn't going to give you anything!

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The real problem is the Federal Government's mandates on emissions. In Canada we are less than 3% of all truck sales in North America.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The real problem is the Federal Government's mandates on emissions. In Canada we are less than 3% of all truck sales in North America.
Yeah ill never understand how its better for the environment to burn 25-30% more fuel over time when the emission's systems are in tact. Not to mention the carbon footprint that comes from making DEF, Making the plastic jugs that DEF goes into, the stupid Cardboard box that most jugs come in, the diesel that is burned to deliver said jugs and said jugs and boxes being taken to a landfill...via diesel truck lol. Boggles your mind when you really stop and think about it.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 15 is fairly recently deleted, But the 75 hp tune tripped a low fuel pressure code both ways at obed summit pulling my sled trailer. I think I would have the CP3?

It was good one notch down the next trip. But probably elevation related as it happened same area both times

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 15 is fairly recently deleted, But the 75 hp tune tripped a low fuel pressure code both ways at obed summit pulling my sled trailer. I think I would have the CP3?

It was good one notch down the next trip. But probably elevation related as it happened same area both times
You have a CP3. Get yourself a FASS Fuel pump to feed it and you will have more fuel than you need. I've got one in this truck now too. Way Cleaner fuel, way more fuel, water filter and fuel filter are much better and much cheaper. Is the best $1000 you will ever spend for your truck. Make sure to get it installed by a authorized dealer as well as go online within 30 Days to register for your lifetime warranty. Lots of diesel shops install them. I use Full Throttle Diesel Performance in Rocky Mountain House. Talk to Garth he will hook you up!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Has to be elevation related or another issue, 75hp tune isn't going to burn fawk all for extra fuel if any, and pulling a sled trailer it's not working hard. Truck working hard will burn threw a tank of diesel in under 3-4 hours and will never throw that code if everything is fine.

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Defiantly elevation related. Code came on same place both ways. But sled trailer prob pushing 10,000 lbs loaded. Hammering it up big climbs passing shat uphill into a very strong headwind and testing out a fresh tune.

Truck was working. Burned over 3/4 tank to Hinton from parkland. Mileage was 28 L per 100. Worst ever for that trailer. Way better coming home.

Notched it back one tune before the next trip and no issue.

My fuel economy is also better with the lower tune both loaded and unload. Maybe a bit better than stock but my truck was pretty decent. Not a game change.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Defiantly elevation related. Code came on same place both ways. But sled trailer prob pushing 10,000 lbs loaded. Hammering it up big climbs passing shat uphill into a very strong headwind and testing out a fresh tune.

Truck was working. Burned over 3/4 tank to Hinton from parkland. Mileage was 28 L per 100. Worst ever for that trailer. Way better coming home.

Notched it back one tune before the next trip and no issue.

My fuel economy is also better with the lower tune both loaded and unload. Maybe a bit better than stock but my truck was pretty decent. Not a game change.
Weird. I've pulled that same trip with my toy hauler and never had an issue with any of my dodges. All deleted and tuned.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Change your fuel filters....

Your '15 already has a lift pump in the tank, I'm not convinced adding a FASS or Airdog would benefit you. If your filters are clean something else is up, the lift pump could be going, the tune could be commanding too much rail pressure, or the low rail pressure code could be set to trip easily at only a few thousand psi below commanded. Otherwise the fuel pressure regulator might be going, the CP3 (unlikely) could be going, or you could have one or more bad injectors returning too much fuel to the return line and dropping rail pressure.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the FASS because of the crap diesel in our province. Id rather spend $1000 on a FASS system then $6,000+ on injectors down the road. Fact is Dodge fuel filtration absolutely sucks no matter how you maintain it. Here's a good video showing how well it removes water from your system...This is the third FASS ive bought for trucks and never had an injector issue again. Both my buddy and i filled up in Kelowna last year and not sure what happened but we both had issues on the way home...i changed my filters and got home...his had to be towed and needed new injectors. After seeing that i pulled my tank and it had a bunch of water and crap in it. Paid for the next 5 FASS systems ill buy for trucks going forward.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the FASS because of the crap diesel in our province. Id rather spend $1000 on a FASS system then $6,000+ on injectors down the road. Fact is Dodge fuel filtration absolutely sucks no matter how you maintain it. Here's a good video showing how well it removes water from your system...This is the third FASS ive bought for trucks and never had an injector issue again. Both my buddy and i filled up in Kelowna last year and not sure what happened but we both had issues on the way home...i changed my filters and got home...his had to be towed and needed new injectors. After seeing that i pulled my tank and it had a bunch of water and crap in it. Paid for the next 5 FASS systems ill buy for trucks going forward.

I'm not arguing the FASS isn't a good system, I've owned one before on a previous truck. But generally I buy diesel to put in my truck, not water, I choose to fill up at newer high volume stations, hasn't done me wrong yet, I drive by the 40 year old looking stations where no one else is filling up. When I change my filters they are usually as clean as the day they were installed.

The FASS system though is not the solution to this particular problem. A truck on only a 75hp tune that has a factory lift pump has other issues, a FASS system would just be a bandaid for that problem, if it did anything at all.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not arguing the FASS isn't a good system, I've owned one before on a previous truck. But generally I buy diesel to put in my truck, not water, I choose to fill up at newer high volume stations, hasn't done me wrong yet, I drive by the 40 year old looking stations where no one else is filling up. When I change my filters they are usually as clean as the day they were installed.

The FASS system though is not the solution to this particular problem. A truck on only a 75hp tune that has a factory lift pump has other issues, a FASS system would just be a bandaid for that problem, if it did anything at all.
Lol we both filled up at the same big station in Kelowna right on the highway that would sell a pile of fuel and we had the issue. Underground tanks leak over time I'm willing to be that's what happened there. I generally dont buy water on purpose for my $90,000 pickups either lol....but sometimes you can get a bad tank of fuel

Top Bottom