2019 to 2020 Ram Cummins CP4 Pump

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol we both filled up at the same big station in Kelowna right on the highway that would sell a pile of fuel and we had the issue. Underground tanks leak over time I'm willing to be that's what happened there. I generally dont buy water on purpose for my $90,000 pickups either lol....but sometimes you can get a bad tank of fuel
What station was it in Kelowna?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's so many factors in a failure like that just because you both filled up at the same time and had an issue doesn't mean the FASS saved anything. Depends on mileage on truck, how often draining water separator, changing fuel filters, etc. How many years did Dodge run only 1 fuel filter and failures from bad fuel are pretty much unheard of, never mind running 2 since 2013 and constantly improving the filtration on them. Also I don't pay extra money to protect myself from someone else's fawk up. I buy all my diesel from UFA, if I had a failure like that, I would be sending them the bill.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Caroline, Alberta, Canadia, Earth, Milkyway
There's so many factors in a failure like that just because you both filled up at the same time and had an issue doesn't mean the FASS saved anything. Depends on mileage on truck, how often draining water separator, changing fuel filters, etc. How many years did Dodge run only 1 fuel filter and failures from bad fuel are pretty much unheard of, never mind running 2 since 2013 and constantly improving the filtration on them. Also I don't pay extra money to protect myself from someone else's fawk up. I buy all my diesel from UFA, if I had a failure like that, I would be sending them the bill.
Tried that once from UFA when we bought farm fuel they delivered that had some gas in it...Burt the engine out of the 4250...UFA didn't pay or sh!t lol

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried that once from UFA when we bought farm fuel they delivered that had some gas in it...Burt the engine out of the 4250...UFA didn't pay or sh!t lol

Hard to know the situation but chances are they blamed it on the tank i'm guessing? Although it would have to be a massive amount of gas to do anything. 5% gas in diesel wouldn't do that.

However big difference is all my diesel is bought at the cardlock, so there is no tank to question. And it's easy, they don't technically have to agree to pay for it, i'd just have to not pay my monthly fuel bill to cover it.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hard to know the situation but chances are they blamed it on the tank i'm guessing? Although it would have to be a massive amount of gas to do anything. 5% gas in diesel wouldn't do that.

However big difference is all my diesel is bought at the cardlock, so there is no tank to question. And it's easy, they don't technically have to agree to pay for it, i'd just have to not pay my monthly fuel bill to cover it.
Well the tank has had nothing but diesel in it since new...the driver clearly screwed up with UFA but good luck proving that...had alot of expensive brush pile fuel that year

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well the tank has had nothing but diesel in it since new...the driver clearly screwed up with UFA but good luck proving that...had alot of expensive brush pile fuel that year

Having a FASS wouldn't change anything if you had gas mixed in though.....

All i'm saying is, it makes sense to keep clean filters to protect the engine, but it only makes sense to go so far before it's just a waste of money. I have 5 diesel's, it's just not worth it.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Having a FASS wouldn't change anything if you had gas mixed in though.....

All i'm saying is, it makes sense to keep clean filters to protect the engine, but it only makes sense to go so far before it's just a waste of money. I have 5 diesel's, it's just not worth it.
Agree to disagree....love mine and wouldn't go without now on my trucks.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Five litres of gasoline in the tank of my 117 litre diesel tank in my 2016 Cummins would destroy the injectors. Just saying.

banditelectric

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well its official...just got the call from FCA Canada telling me to pound sand on being reimbursed for the parts and labor on installing the CP3 in my truck because it was not done at an authorized FCA dealer. Let my pain be a lesson to the rest of you i suppose lol

Top Bottom