2019/2020 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
20191207_062611_resized.jpg 7" of powder at the house this morning and snowing hard! Going to be awesome today!

sledd boy

Reaction score
Any one use the BBQ at the Renshaw cabin wondering if it is working and if the propane tank is full? A hot lunch would be nice.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7313bfbdd13c1c35645e6b296bfe03cb.jpg

Had a awesome day On Belle today. Great snow! Got off the hill around 8pm, the guys in my group had a tough time getting back out of the burn.

Thanks to scotts for the help, it was good meeting you.

greg sidorchuk

Reaction score
Was very disappointed with renshaw grooming today payed for that understanding the ride in as there were 100 or so sleds ahead off use going up but the groomer could have run up around 2 or 3 and re groomed

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was very disappointed with renshaw grooming today payed for that understanding the ride in as there were 100 or so sleds ahead off use going up but the groomer could have run up around 2 or 3 and re groomed

Groom in the middle of the day with that many sleds? It would be a hazard for sleds coming down not to mention the longer the trail sits untouched in cold temps the better it sets up.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
The snow is beautiful and fluffy!
Yes, in addition to the nightly groom, there needs to be a mid day groom for the sleds leaving the area.
27kms of two foot whoops hurts. It’s about making money for the club I know, but some of the money has to go back into grooming. There’s 150+ sledders x $25=$3,750 or more available. The whoops are so bad that some people considered riding the smaller Bell or Lucille to avoid the whoopage. Let’s make some Sledder’s happy Mcbride. Show the visitors it’s “better at Mcbride!”

This is the earliest and the most people Mcbride has had in a long time. All hotels are full. Everyone can benefit!

So far, Mcbride is a very friendly with laid back helpful vibe. Love it. The deer that roam the town are cool too. One deer was so big, he looked like a mini moose.

Best yet was my taxi ride. 1976 Black Cadillac factory stretch version, 46,000 original miles, 20” rims, no shocks in the back which I think is on purpose. It totally makes the ride the full low rider experience. It also has the heat that only a big ol’ v8 can produce. So comfy.

I ask how much do I owe? He says “oh, it’s by donation.” “This is cool!” I thought. I gave him 10 cuz I loved the ride. We almost got stuck and then the female co-pilot gave him chit for it. I can’t wait to ride the taxi to the bar again. I don’t think you can use a credit/debit card. I recommend this taxi to get the full Mcbride experience.

Tell him he is famous on the Snow and Mud forum. Heck, shoot him a window sticker to attract new forum subscribers!

Last edited:

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Awesome day up at the Renshaw. Snow was deep!! Clouds lifted late in the afternoon which was a bonus. Trail down was pretty whooped but I can still remember taking my 91 phaser up and down with way worse whoops than that. Going back up Sunday. Went through 2 check stops, one after riding and one in town so have a smart driver.

Attachments

• DDCC3D18-EFA2-465A-B365-FCD03BEA188C.jpg
    DDCC3D18-EFA2-465A-B365-FCD03BEA188C.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 353
  • 8283EC16-CE35-4BF8-AC1E-28267A7782F6.jpg
    8283EC16-CE35-4BF8-AC1E-28267A7782F6.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 355

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s unfortunate about your ride up sir. But grooming is always done in the evening. The Renshaw trail is always groomed Friday and Saturday evenings! But sometimes when you’ve got over 100 plus riders before you it maybe rough. Weather also plays a part in how the trail sets up, but I will pass along your concerns to Hotrod!!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is beautiful and fluffy!
Yes, in addition to the nightly groom, there needs to be a mid day groom for the sleds leaving the area.
27kms of two foot whoops hurts. It’s about making money for the club I know, but some of the money has to go back into grooming. There’s 150+ sledders x $25=$3,750 or more available. The whoops are so bad that some people considered riding the smaller Bell or Lucille to avoid the whoopage. Let’s make some Sledder’s happy Mcbride. Show the visitors it’s “better at Mcbride!”

This is the earliest and the most people Mcbride has had in a long time. All hotels are full. Everyone can benefit!

So far, Mcbride is a very friendly with laid back helpful vibe. Love it. The deer that roam the town are cool too. One deer was so big, he looked like a mini moose.

Best yet was my taxi ride. 1976 Black Cadillac factory stretch version, 46,000 original miles, 20” rims, no shocks in the back which I think is on purpose. It totally makes the ride the full low rider experience. It also has the heat that only a big ol’ v8 can produce. So comfy.

I ask how much do I owe? He says “oh, it’s by donation.” “This is cool!” I thought. I gave him 10 cuz I loved the ride. We almost got stuck and then the female co-pilot gave him chit for it. I can’t wait to ride the taxi to the bar again. I don’t think you can use a credit/debit card. I recommend this taxi to get the full Mcbride experience.

Tell him he is famous on the Snow and Mud forum. Heck, shoot him a window sticker to attract new forum subscribers!

Glad you enjoyed mcbride. While I appreciate your calculation of 3700$ for grooming renshaw and the ability of the budget to afford a second groom, there are some things you need to understand. Firstly the club does not receive 25$ of your 25$ trail pass so your math is out to lunch right off the hop. Secondly you don’t know what the cost of grooming the renshaw is. Is it a club owned groomer? Contractor? You don’t know enough Of this information to make a statement like that. While you are correct that the club may turn a small profit on busy days like that there is a number of factors you are forgetting. Small clubs with long trails depend on those busy days to float the grooming program for the remainder of the year and for slower days. Sure there was 150 sleds there yesterday but what about when there is 20? The days in the green float the days in the red that’s just how clubs operate with 30km trail networks. Now 1.5’ of beautiful snow shows up in town the day before for you to enjoy. How much do you think it costs to mobilize a loader and plow that lot? How about the booth attendantt? He doesn’t just sit there all day because he loves talking to kanedog. Propane for the cabin? How about the huge bucks the club spends on building the renshaw trail every year the groomer spends 2 days up there filling creeks and building a solid base. Huge bucks. My point is these things cost money and there are so many factors you need to consider besides 25$x150 sleds. Furthermore, Mid day grooms are pointless. While the first few riders may enjoy it the snow doesn’t have enough time to setup. The value for the clubs dollar just isn’t there. Especially because they would have to run it up AGAIN that evening. That’s 3 times in 24 hours. I understand your frustration but please try to understand how these clubs operate and stay afloat . I know for a fact by your comments that you’ve never sat on a board and seen the numbers first hand so maybe start there. Not trying to be a d*ck or derail this thread. You know going into renshaw that it’s groomed in the evenings so if it’s busy and the temps are warmer there are other areas with shorter trails. Back to conditions :)

Last edited:

kingcat162

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It’s unfortunate about your ride up sir. But grooming is always done in the evening. The Renshaw trail is always groomed Friday and Saturday evenings! But sometimes when you’ve got over 100 plus riders before you it maybe rough. Weather also plays a part in how the trail sets up, but I will pass along your concerns to Hotrod!!
Should be Friday evening groom - Saturday lunchtime groom - Saturday evening groom - when the sled numbers are huge how hard is it to throw a lunchtime groom in there

Top Bottom