2019/2020 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our group also had an excellent weekend riding the renshaw.... even met that Clode fella haha.

The sights were awesome and the snow was excellent!! IMG-20200315-WA0027.jpg 20200315_141557.jpg IMG-20200315-WA0025.jpg IMG-20200315-WA0020.jpg IMG-20200315-WA0019.jpg 20200315_154620.jpg

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding lucille tmo, prob won’t stage till about 11-12...sleds currently getting a turbo :D

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw today. Snow was decent. If you don’t explore you won’t find the gold. Quite a few folks up. Trail was freshly groomed and being groomed again tonight.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got home last night from a great time riding, 4 days of it was around McBride, still a LOT of snow there. What surprises me about riders in the area is why a lot more don't explore up the Dore river road. That is amazing country to ride, and you can ride and ride some more, and maybe see 6 other sledders. The masses are busy pounding out the renshaw, and missing the true gems.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got home last night from a great time riding, 4 days of it was around McBride, still a LOT of snow there. What surprises me about riders in the area is why a lot more don't explore up the Dore river road. That is amazing country to ride, and you can ride and ride some more, and maybe see 6 other sledders. The masses are busy pounding out the renshaw, and missing the true gems.

Probably because much of that area is closed due to Caribou.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Closure area dude.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we are closed. as for the dore about the only parts not closed are the valley bottom. stay out of there. the co's are in the air often and many tickets have been handed out to sledders in the closures.

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called them before our trip and asked, they said if any signs of caribou to ride a different mountain.
Saw zero of them and zero tracks. Actually talked to a nice cop who stopped and talked to us and he commented that we were the smart ones to ride the good area where some locals like to ride including friends.
We didn't ride on closed land. Actually we followed some old snowmobile tracks in and out of some areas, and while there on day three i actually called fish and wildlife a second time and asked if the valley to the right at about km 27 to 28 was okay to ride, and they said yes for sure.
So maybe get the facts from the fish and wildlife service instead of some random people who toldnyou their uncle Jacks, dog walkers, second cousin said so.
The head office for the area is in PG incase you wondered where to call. When I called Williams Lake to begin with, they redirected me to PG.
Below is a list of offices in bc complete with phone numbers.
Call the actual people, not rumor mills.

Last edited:

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is not how it works. Closure is closure, no matter if you see tracks or not. You need to know the boundaries. Attend a few meetings and you will understand. As far as any riding, yes there is a bit, but getting a bunch of disrespectful sledders ripping around back there, and there will be non compliance for sure, and then we will lose even more area, and see some fines get handed out. Guys need to ride with a gps with the government maps downloaded, as there is no signs. Easy to go out of the boundaries, that is why guys who respect the sport don’t tell people who don’t understand, to ride in closure areas.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I called them before our trip and asked, they said if any signs of caribou to ride a different mountain.
Saw zero of them and zero tracks. Actually talked to a nice cop who stopped and talked to us and he commented that we were the smart ones to ride the good area where some locals like to ride including friends.
We didn't ride on closed land. Actually we followed some old snowmobile tracks in and out of some areas, and while there on day three i actually called fish and wildlife a second time and asked if the valley to the right at about km 27 to 28 was okay to ride, and they said yes for sure.
So maybe get the facts from the fish and wildlife service instead of some random people who toldnyou their uncle Jacks, dog walkers, second cousin said so.
The head office for the area is in PG incase you wondered where to call. When I called Williams Lake to begin with, they redirected me to PG.
Below is a list of offices in bc complete with phone numbers.
Call the actual people, not rumor mills.

Not sure why you are arguing this, its been known that the area has been closed for years now.
I used to ride that area exclusively back 10 years ago when it was still open, and we went in from the dore river road back than.

sledd boy

Reaction score
Have been riding Mcbride area for over 30 years. Yes there are caribou closures in that area, but it is not all closed. they have left us an access trail in and up to the Glassier Just look at the map and on the new sleds it can be done. Short pull up the trees in the creak and your in as long as you don't wrap your sled around a tree while pinned.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have been riding Mcbride area for over 30 years. Yes there are caribou closures in that area, but it is not all closed. they have left us an access trail in and up to the Glassier Just look at the map and on the new sleds it can be done. Short pull up the trees in the creak and your in as long as you don't wrap your sled around a tree while pinned.
Shhhh

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the people actually in charge, tell me its fine, its fine. They out rule some internet blow hard!
I'm going to be in PG Monday, planned to stop by their office and chat with them.
Already have an appointment.
The misinformation on this forum is wild!!!

Top Bottom