2018 Cat Engine

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you think i haven't brought home a Sidewinder yet. My insider's say wait.
Plus the fact i can't ride it this year for medical reasons but i know there is a new MEOW coming.
Like i said, my inside info tell's me a new 860 direct injection turbo ready motor. Pumping a SOLID 170hp out of the box. BTW, it is tried and tested as it will be nearly 2 years late.
But hey, this is still just a RUMOR....hahaha

well lets hope the bulkheads can handle that power...:rolleyes:...there's already enough "game`changing" Humpty Dumpty bulkheads cracking like eggshells already

oh wait, apparently there's only 2 busted and the rest are just bull****ting us........

Last edited:
Reactions: LBZ

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the problem with snow and mud, guys are trying to give real facts about what's actually going on out there then we get f'tards like this bringing completely irrelevant information to a legit thread just trying to stir chit up. Sick and tired of the trolls, go hide underneath you're bridge.

Here's some facts

A) you don't even ride a new doo, so shut your hole

B) you're just regurgitating information from another thread that is just the opinion of someone else who probably doesn't own one either.

C) I've owned every brand over the years and guess what, they all break. We abuse them and they show their weak points then we fix them, this will never change.

Please proceed with more legit info on the new cats, sorry for the rant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Says the guy that just spent 18g on a new door and they are turning out to be a "decent" sled. Not this god like "game changer". The doolaid runs strong with those that need to justify how much $$$$$$ they spend on them.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why do you think i haven't brought home a Sidewinder yet. My insider's say wait.
Plus the fact i can't ride it this year for medical reasons but i know there is a new MEOW coming.
Like i said, my inside info tell's me a new 860 direct injection turbo ready motor. Pumping a SOLID 170hp out of the box. BTW, it is tried and tested as it will be nearly 2 years late.
But hey, this is still just a RUMOR....hahaha

It may be a rumor but its a good one, AC has been saying for the past couple years they wanted the lightest sled that was pull and go. Doing a little math based on the 600 numbers an 860 could be pushing the 180 mark, so a solid 170 is easily achievable. I just had 2 great days of powder riding and my 16 ltd it worked awesome. It ran great and handled the deep powder with ease. There was a T3 that was considerably better than mine and really the Polaris also, that sled out climbed, out handled and out performed all others. It really was a superior machine. Of coarse this was in the hot tub, but that guy could sure tell a detailed story and i am sure he believed every word. I hope the new AC can at least follow that guys tracks the next day once the snow sets up a bit. If it can it will be a winner. Its going to be a long month.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ae7a7385536caa0092adcb57f5acb172.jpg

630b2bf23835ec85fb4ebbb542f1ab27.jpg

Mountainman52

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So much for the 860 everyone was talking about ?? I wonder what it will make for HP and torque ??

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well......how many more hp is the 850 over the current 800 Suzuki.....like 3.....5?

If it produces the same power per cc as the 600 it will be around 166 hp , I was hoping for more but this may be alright quicker revving, more low end torque,lighter and more efficient chassis. Not crazy about the color will have to see the ltd.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it produces the same power per cc as the 600 it will be around 166 hp , I was hoping for more but this may be alright quicker revving, more low end torque,lighter and more efficient chassis. Not crazy about the color will have to see the ltd.

agreed, top end hp was always ok...a few more is never a bad thing. What was needed was a better low and mid range response...they claim huge differences.

I like how they say will use much less oil (below 7000 rpm) .....

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well......how many more hp is the 850 over the current 800 Suzuki.....like 3.....5?

The 850 has way more mid range power and more then 5 peek hp ......the 850 is a stroked 800 and mid range and bottem end it pulls so much harder then the 850 and holds its track speed way better ......if cat can make the same gains doo did hp/torque wise it would be a very good! To many people worry about peek numbers and sont look at the curve

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You never know whats true or real but something like this was released before the 850 saying it was and 860 coming . Seen on a couple post now guys working at or owning cat dealers that their is more to come at the release or saying this isnt it. Im sure is a semi direct injected engine displacement idk and chassy new or same i still think we have to wait to tje release unless a real pic is released.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 850 has way more mid range power and more then 5 peek hp ......the 850 is a stroked 800 and mid range and bottem end it pulls so much harder then the 850 and holds its track speed way better ......if cat can make the same gains doo did hp/torque wise it would be a very good! To many people worry about peek numbers and sont look at the curve

those torque numbers or percentages are listed....36% better torque low end and 18% mid range vs the current 800 Suzuki...I've seen hp numbers of 166 - 168 hp listed on other sites but haven't seen anything from Cat.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart of Cat to do an early release with this engine, get a few engines out on the snow this year and let the public get comfortable with them. This will really help their spring sales.

The other thing is that if they can get the same hp and torque as the 850 out of this mill then they can still race it in the 800 stock series races.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe they will keep the power lower for a year or to just to see if there's any issues. Then crank it up after the bugs are worked out!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Smart of Cat to do an early release with this engine, get a few engines out on the snow this year and let the public get comfortable with them. This will really help their spring sales.

The other thing is that if they can get the same hp and torque as the 850 out of this mill then they can still race it in the 800 stock series races.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I think this point has been a huge factor to make an 800 work....

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heard from someone who rode one today. Said the sled works good and the motor is awesome

Did they say much in compairson in throttle response, low and mid range power and clutching compaired to the current suzuki ? And what about weight and handeling ? Was it somone who rides cats alot or atleast has some time on a 15 and new cat ?

Top Bottom