2018 Cat Engine

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I started riding in the mountaind the M chassy was everywhere in every fourm from stock, mods, big turbos the M chassy rocked and the engine was the only sold eninge to go into the baccountry. Put lots of miles on and not have issues the p-tec and dragon were plagged with issues! the new chassy has been around since 2012 with some major improvements but both Polaris and ski-doo have gone through 2 chassy and 2 engines since then with the pro and Axys and XM and 850 no cat is still top of the class for reliable enginie hands down and die hard cat guys love it for that but for new guys or non brand loyal guys the cat doesnt offer a wow factory to gain new customer now or guys that jump around the motor works good but my xm makes as much or more power and puts it to the ground better and the Axys is super light I have never been brand loyal but have allways had a Cat until now because after haveing the proclimb and riding the XM and Axys i have one of each they just offer alot over the cat to me at this point! IMO cat needs a new engine new chassy put them back to the king of HP and lioghter more chassy that reqires less rider input then the proclimb( i havent rode a 17 but have been on 12-16) they need something to make them a major contender with the other to for any rider not just the die hard or vets that have figured them out or learned to ride it. If they started to sell more sleds then that gives more money for R&D. When i started riding almost everyone that i rode with other then 2 or 3 guys rtode cats we alll had then now out over 20 guys that i ride with over the winter we have one guyleft on a cat and he has a XM too

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I started riding in the mountaind the M chassy was everywhere in every fourm from stock, mods, big turbos the M chassy rocked and the engine was the only sold eninge to go into the baccountry. Put lots of miles on and not have issues the p-tec and dragon were plagged with issues! the new chassy has been around since 2012 with some major improvements but both Polaris and ski-doo have gone through 2 chassy and 2 engines since then with the pro and Axys and XM and 850 no cat is still top of the class for reliable enginie hands down and die hard cat guys love it for that but for new guys or non brand loyal guys the cat doesnt offer a wow factory to gain new customer now or guys that jump around the motor works good but my xm makes as much or more power and puts it to the ground better and the Axys is super light I have never been brand loyal but have allways had a Cat until now because after haveing the proclimb and riding the XM and Axys i have one of each they just offer alot over the cat to me at this point! IMO cat needs a new engine new chassy put them back to the king of HP and lioghter more chassy that reqires less rider input then the proclimb( i havent rode a 17 but have been on 12-16) they need something to make them a major contender with the other to for any rider not just the die hard or vets that have figured them out or learned to ride it. If they started to sell more sleds then that gives more money for R&D. When i started riding almost everyone that i rode with other then 2 or 3 guys rtode cats we alll had then now out over 20 guys that i ride with over the winter we have one guyleft on a cat and he has a XM too

Not that i'm picking on you but your post is very DIFFICULT to read. Spelling and punctuation errors don't give you any credibility.
Maybe your still in school but before posting at least spell check your post and use punctuation's, it would make it more credible.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that i'm picking on you but your post is very DIFFICULT to read. Spelling and punctuation errors don't give you any credibility.
Maybe your still in school but before posting at least spell check your post and use punctuation's, it would make it more credible.

Lol what you mean there's 4 periods in that paragraph! I just hope cat don't come out with a new engine and chassis in the same year. Way more chance of issues that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really??? The guy is writing a post on a forum. not a paperback novel. Me like his post has good points but need colorful pictures:p

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You're

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol what you mean there's 4 periods in that paragraph! I just hope cat don't come out with a new engine and chassis in the same year. Way more chance of issues that way.

Not sure they need a new chassis at the moment, they seem to have pretty munched honed this one, if they keep on refining it and shaving weight where they have determined they can it is probably good for a couple more years. I almost think that the other brands replacing the whole chassis every five years or so just indicates that they think they can't fix what ever issues they have, without starting over. Or more likely it is just all a marketing thing so they can proclaim how their new chassis is the best ever.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree that some of the new chassy is a marketing thing. In my opinion and alot of guys would agree the XM is a great chassy as far as handeling in most situation. The 850 also handels good maybe slightly better but look at the attension it got! If cat comes out with a new engine that is as reliable as the 800 suzuki a new chassy may bring alot of non brand loyal guys to cat. I allways liked cats and most guys posting on here would be the same so we all know the 2017 is not the 2012 but for outsiders the 2012 had some bad handling issues and design issues. A fewsh or reworked chassy labeled as new may be a really go marketing set i think. I still know lits of guys that you can not tell that the pro climb is pretty good now they think its to heavy, trenches and is full of issues from 2012 and 2013. Cat needs a sled thats a big hit sell big numbera so they can keep up in the mountain market and more sales means more R&D funding and dealers in small towns dont close. The town i live in has no cat dealer but is full of sleds you cant drive across town with out seeing 15 sleds on decks. How many of the polaris or skidoo may have been cat saled if cat had a mountain sled that was a hit with non die hards or if we had a dealer? I've wrenching on sleds for about 5 years here on the side and so many guys say they would have bought a cat but eather the chassy or no dealer . I used to ride a boosted pro climb and a stock XM and i woukd hear it all winter long people ask me how do you ride that cat after riding an XM? Easy i fixed the skid I added tmotion i fixed the front end a few light weight mods and lots of boost and it was alot of fun and very reliable!!

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The thing I think every one forgets is that the mountain sector for all companies is so much smaller the and majority of the sales comes from other sleds. The pro chassis for cat handles trails so well why would they want to change it. I don't think that they will split the chassis into different segments like Polaris. They will probably do same thing if they bring out a new one and use it for all segments of sledding like they do now and just tweak they to suit each segment. As far as engine goes I would really like to see how the king cat does this year as it is their high hp engine. I think it's only going to be a 800 ctek next year.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would agree that some of the new chassy is a marketing thing. In my opinion and alot of guys would agree the XM is a great chassy as far as handeling in most situation. The 850 also handels good maybe slightly better but look at the attension it got! If cat comes out with a new engine that is as reliable as the 800 suzuki a new chassy may bring alot of non brand loyal guys to cat. I allways liked cats and most guys posting on here would be the same so we all know the 2017 is not the 2012 but for outsiders the 2012 had some bad handling issues and design issues. A fewsh or reworked chassy labeled as new may be a really go marketing set i think. I still know lits of guys that you can not tell that the pro climb is pretty good now they think its to heavy, trenches and is full of issues from 2012 and 2013. Cat needs a sled thats a big hit sell big numbera so they can keep up in the mountain market and more sales means more R&D funding and dealers in small towns dont close. The town i live in has no cat dealer but is full of sleds you cant drive across town with out seeing 15 sleds on decks. How many of the polaris or skidoo may have been cat saled if cat had a mountain sled that was a hit with non die hards or if we had a dealer? I've wrenching on sleds for about 5 years here on the side and so many guys say they would have bought a cat but eather the chassy or no dealer . I used to ride a boosted pro climb and a stock XM and i woukd hear it all winter long people ask me how do you ride that cat after riding an XM? Easy i fixed the skid I added tmotion i fixed the front end a few light weight mods and lots of boost and it was alot of fun and very reliable!!

Thank you, much improved. Try to use your spell check more and your golden.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the percentages of mountain vs trail sleds? I'm fom Nova Scotia and rode New Brunswick and Qurbec and when I came to Alberta and BC the number of sleds blew me away and money spent on them. Maybe its just you see so many in the same areas but i just wounder especially since alot of flat landers are buying mountain sleds now. Not that i get a 154 in tue east cost with no snow but they are getting popular

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the percentages of mountain vs trail sleds? I'm fom Nova Scotia and rode New Brunswick and Qurbec and when I came to Alberta and BC the number of sleds blew me away and money spent on them. Maybe its just you see so many in the same areas but i just wounder especially since alot of flat landers are buying mountain sleds now. Not that i get a 154 in tue east cost with no snow but they are getting popular

I think it's only like 29% of total sale for mountian sleds.

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a recient number ? I know back east alot of people have gone to 4 strokes but the younger croud has gone to mountain sleds. I dont know how many pictures ive got this year of guys on NS running 154's still laugh every time ! Id like to know for tue last to years i bet the mountain portion of 2 strokes is alot closer to 50% now

Allseasons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's looking like I have to eat my words from a few posts ago. Sounding like we will see a new motor in a new chassis. Factory demo rides start in a month in AC home state. Release date and start ordering Feb 27th. The talk is this is Cats biggest release in over 20 years. Explains why mine is up for sale lol. Should get a good trade in dollar maybe ha

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it's looking like I have to eat my words from a few posts ago. Sounding like we will see a new motor in a new chassis. Factory demo rides start in a month in AC home state. Release date and start ordering Feb 27th. The talk is this is Cats biggest release in over 20 years. Explains why mine is up for sale lol. Should get a good trade in dollar maybe ha

Why do you think i haven't brought home a Sidewinder yet. My insider's say wait.
Plus the fact i can't ride it this year for medical reasons but i know there is a new MEOW coming.
Like i said, my inside info tell's me a new 860 direct injection turbo ready motor. Pumping a SOLID 170hp out of the box. BTW, it is tried and tested as it will be nearly 2 years late.
But hey, this is still just a RUMOR....hahaha

Top Bottom