2018/2019 Mcbride Conditions and Updates

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great ride at Renshaw on Saturday for my last ride of the year... We were the first one's up and have to say that the trail was still in great shape after KM 7. But snow below 7 is getting pretty scarce. Thanks to Hot Rod for the great trail ride up!

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
12 inches of new snowfall on all hills from the latest storm!! Grooming continuing on Lucielle and Belle, Hotrod evaluating Renshaw today with options because the first 7km is getting beat!! Will update shortly!! And of course I end up riding parking lot conditions and the snow falls after we leave!!! Oh well there’s always next year!!!

What do you guys figure on access for this coming weekend? Parking from the 2km lot across the bridge?

jdmotorhead01

Reaction score
12 inches of new snowfall on all hills from the latest storm!! Grooming continuing on Lucielle and Belle, Hotrod evaluating Renshaw today with options because the first 7km is getting beat!! Will update shortly!! And of course I end up riding parking lot conditions and the snow falls after we leave!!! Oh well there’s always next year!!!

Just wondering if you got anymore updates heading down tomorrow

WDP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a great ride at Renshaw on Saturday for my last ride of the year... We were the first one's up and have to say that the trail was still in great shape after KM 7. But snow below 7 is getting pretty scarce. Thanks to Hot Rod for the great trail ride up!

Thanks for the ride Rye! Of course they get fresh after we leave but at least we didn't get stuck. Trail was in great shape but wont be long now when the sun gets to it.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
I rode Renshaw yesterday, we were the only 3 riders on the mountain all day. We parked about 1km up the trail, the trail has a fair bit of dirt patches up till 8kms. We had to stop a few times to let the sleds cool down, after the 8 km the trail is in pretty decent shape. Up top the snow has settled to about 4" on top of a pretty firm base. All in all it was a great day lots of exploring came down low on fuel.

It's been a fun season. Thanks to to the fantastic job the crew does in McBride.

Last edited:

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got an update from Hotrod and they are going to keep parking as is for the Renshaw trail. He was thinking of moving things up to 7km but there’s just not enough room for proper turnaround and parking. So staying with what’s in place. Lucielle and Belle are both right from the parking lots.

Hylode

Reaction score
I know it's Deck Season , but would a person be able to get a 20' enclosed to where ever the parking is , and where is the parking now ? up to the log Stagging area ? or ?

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes there was some enclosed down there last weekend. There’s a turnaround to pull in and back up. Just keep going past the regular parking lot another 3km and there’s a turn off left towards the collection shack!

Kcdoubleshot

Reaction score
Just getting into town..gonna ride a few days..any info on parking at Renshaw would be helpful ..I've read above that the trail is a mess till 10 km? Is off loading at Lucile still at the lot? Runing trucks with decks.. any info would be appreciated...thanks..

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just getting into town..gonna ride a few days..any info on parking at Renshaw would be helpful ..I've read above that the trail is a mess till 10 km? Is off loading at Lucile still at the lot? Runing trucks with decks.. any info would be appreciated...thanks..
Yes trail was a mess for 10 miles. Spring snow was so good up top today but access in is not good.

Supernytro

Reaction score
Can you use a rzr with a trailer to pull the sleds up to the snow? That would be a lot easier on the sleds.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod today and grooming on Renshaw trail is now finished for the season! Very poor coverage up to 9km. Lucielle and Belle are still good to go from the parking lots and will be groomed again this week. Now you could probably drive up Renshaw to the snow but only with deck or small trailers NOT enclosed because there isn't room to turn big units around. But that depends on how long they keep the gate open also!

Last edited:

wilson74

Reaction score
Snow is still good! Get by the patchy 7km and enjoy! Decks will make it to 7km no problem. No turning for trailers.

mcbride.jpg
mcbride 2.jpg

Kcdoubleshot

Reaction score
For those who would like to know..the spring trails up to Lucille and Bell are holding up good small patches that are thin from the lot after that smooth riding. Still driving up the Renshaw trail to the 7km mark, somewhat spotty with dirt/mud till about 10km after that trail is good to the top..all riding areas have hero snow and tipical spring riding conditions.. it's raining in town right now so may be fresh snow in the morning..

Top Bottom