2017 overhaul

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tear down almost compete now to get it back together for the 2021-22 season.

Ascender plastics
Drop and roll with 8 tooth drivers
Iceage elevate
Specialty belt drive
And a few custom goodies that I can come with along the way.

Attachments

• 20211108_101311.jpg
    20211108_101311.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 230
  • 20211108_101300.jpg
    20211108_101300.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 223

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much left on that toboggan.... looking forward to seeing the progress. I might put a tune on my 17 this year, and get the shocks rebuilt.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She is looking light Chris! I will swing by this weekend and have a look, keep the progress pics coming, really interested in the build

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not much left on that toboggan.... looking forward to seeing the progress. I might put a tune on my 17 this year, and get the shocks rebuilt.

Nope pretty bare right now, wife wasn't to impressed that I took a perfectly good snowmobile and made it like that. I figured she learnt when I tore my dirt bike down to the frame for a rebuild but I guess not. lol

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tear down almost compete now to get it back together for the 2021-22 season.

Ascender plastics
Drop and roll with 8 tooth drivers
Iceage elevate
Specialty belt drive
And a few custom goodies that I can come with along the way.
Doing ascender tank and seat too?

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope pretty bare right now, wife wasn't to impressed that I took a perfectly good snowmobile and made it like that. I figured she learnt when I tore my dirt bike down to the frame for a rebuild but I guess not. lol

Wait till she sees the rebuild of the bike trailer for the kid haha jk.

Powdering anything while in there?

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. LOL!!!

Projects and machines have two states: #1 Stock - for the ride home from the dealer.....then #2.....5 minutes after it gets home.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doing ascender tank and seat too?

Yes to the seat. Short seat for the non electric start sled. Then the plan is for a custom tank so I can relocate my turbo location. See how much time I have and what gets done.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't need that kind of negativity in your life. LOL!!!

Projects and machines have two states: #1 Stock - for the ride home from the dealer.....then #2.....5 minutes after it gets home.

Yep she knows I can't leave anything stock. Even her SUV I lowered so it's level and put bigger wheels on.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wait till she sees the rebuild of the bike trailer for the kid haha jk.

Powdering anything while in there?

I'll powder anything that needs it that isn't looking to great. Front A-arms for example.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes to the seat. Short seat for the non electric start sled. Then the plan is for a custom tank so I can relocate my turbo location. See how much time I have and what gets done.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahah just mention to her that there are far worse addictions to have out there...

Hopefully she agrees.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What tune you thinking of going with?
Was thinking about the MCxpress 225, but after calling the Canadian distributor about it in March, and him being baffled at why I wouldn't go 250. Then I asked him about clutching and he didn't know the sidewinder target rpm is 8700-8800 and why I would need less weight for mountain riding vs flatland riding I kinda lost interest in it.

Not interested in spending all winter trying to clutch the damn thing.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was thinking about the MCxpress 225, but after calling the Canadian distributor about it in March, and him being baffled at why I wouldn't go 250. Then I asked him about clutching and he didn't know the sidewinder target rpm is 8700-8800 and why I would need less weight for mountain riding vs flatland riding I kinda lost interest in it.

Not interested in spending all winter trying to clutch the damn thing.
Really? I would have though mcx had their sh*t together, I have been fighting clutching on my evo tuned sidewinder, this year I gave up and got an apex primary and nytro secondary and some other stuff to help. My buddy has the hurricane tune and it rips, blows some dark smoke every now and then but he is going with the stand alone system this year. If it was me I would probably go hurricane and they seem to be the only ones who keep progressing with their tunes, evo is non existent as far as I know but could be wrong. I have never ridden a stock winder so no idea how much these tunes are actually adding other than their claimed horsepower which I hear is a pipe dream.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really? I would have though mcx had their sh*t together, I have been fighting clutching on my evo tuned sidewinder, this year I gave up and got an apex primary and nytro secondary and some other stuff to help. My buddy has the hurricane tune and it rips, blows some dark smoke every now and then but he is going with the stand alone system this year. If it was me I would probably go hurricane and they seem to be the only ones who keep progressing with their tunes, evo is non existent as far as I know but could be wrong. I have never ridden a stock winder so no idea how much these tunes are actually adding other than their claimed horsepower which I hear is a pipe dream.
Some info from Catman10 winder. Stock it was 55 mph track speeds. After the hurricane 270 tune and 174 3” and clutching he was upper 60 mph and low 70 mph track speeds on long pulls.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This is interesting I had my old winder tuned with Evo as well and played with clutching a lot that first winter in 17. Worked well in the end but clutching was always hot. Tried different sets of weights springs angle of wrap tighter was an old Nytro trick but in the end just had to give it more breaks. Ended up switching back to the two strokes as I found they just floated better and regardless of brand cooler clutching.

MK4TDI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some info from Catman10 winder. Stock it was 55 mph track speeds. After the hurricane 270 tune and 174 3” and clutching he was upper 60 mph and low 70 mph track speeds on long pulls.
Did he end up putting the older clutches in niner ? Or was he able to make the stock ones perform ?

That's were I am with current clutching, 55-60mph depending on snow conditions with a camo extreme 162x3

Top Bottom