2016 m6000 153 handling improvements

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the zbroz Center shock spring in the rear suspension? My viper it made a huge improvement and I feel it would benefit my daughters sled.

She’s taller but not very big so struggles a bit. I installed the lay down steering as I feel it’s easier to use your body weight to steer the sled while standing.

I know weight of the sled is a factor but not sure spending a bunch making it lighter will gain.

8DD7E654-2AE8-4311-9107-C16689907C77.jpeg

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know if your looking into spending that type of money but I have been running the Iceage EZ steer this season and found a drastic improvement, in fact I will be doing a ride review for Iceage web page for the SW.
It is originally design for the Cat front 2014 and up.
For your daughter this might be the Cats meow.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Stryker ez steer arms…I just seen those the other day. Yeah I was planning on trying a set. Who sells them in Canada?

BDC8F2D0-307C-42C7-9CCD-24B07E7B6B55.jpeg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the laydown post. I felt it is too laid down so when you try to load some weight through the bars it wants to turn. Whereas the vertical post you can load some weight on the outside of the bar without rotating the bars. That said I think the true sweet spot would be laydown post with a post forward block to take it a bit more vertical so you can load a bit more weight on the bars without rotating them or at least not as much rotation.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Order direct, thats the best way. These guys are easy to deal with, question or help they are there for that.

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I disagree with the laydown post. I felt it is too laid down so when you try to load some weight through the bars it wants to turn. Whereas the vertical post you can load some weight on the outside of the bar without rotating the bars. That said I think the true sweet spot would be laydown post with a post forward block to take it a bit more vertical so you can load a bit more weight on the bars without rotating them or at least not as much rotation.
So something like this canada sled parts steering block that give you 1” up and 1” forward or the 2-3” with air box mods?
CEA201EA-9A3B-4849-BBC2-2CAE91B7088D.jpeg

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So something like this canada sled parts steering block that give you 1” up and 1” forward or the 2-3” with air box mods?
View attachment 265635
That looks like the ticket. I would say try 1" forward but 2" is probably the place to be. I only rode with the laydown post for one or two rides and didn't get into experimenting with a post forward for it as I actually don't mind the vertical post and so didn't want to spend money on a post forward kit and different height risers just for the sake of experimenting. After breaking off a vertical post in the backcountry I kind of wish I had kept the laydown post and experimented though as it is supposed to be stronger.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have the TKI Riot spindle kit with upper a-arms coming for my 2016. I will report the difference when I finally get to ride it. I have a Kmod rear skid that lifted the back 3" so the extra 1.5" tall spindle should help I hope.

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both the C3 2" forward block and 3" forward block. $20 a block

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up finding a block in my shop…moved it 1” up and forward. Anything more definitely need to cut the air box. This way I can keep the google bag for her cell phone ..lol
EFE0CF3D-F641-45A1-91FA-947BCB82DD06.jpeg

Turblue

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a primary spring chart? This sled has a 85/255 primary spring and was looking for one with a softer i initial compression to lower the engagement. Can’t seem to find the correct chart.

Top Bottom