2016 Arctic cats

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't hear any thing about a tcl in the clutching any more? Hopefully it's gone

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
oh, don't lure him in....we all know his opinion of "non-doo" sleds.....doubt he will add any value on a Cat thread

dont be such a hater i think cat made some needed improvements. Another manufacturer that realizes guys want a narrow machine for technical riding with a ton of traction with their new 3" track. would have been cool to see a 174 because that would have given the T3 a good run for its money but cant let all of your tricks out of the bag at once. its coming. for 2016 my second choice of sled would be this cat forsure with the narrow stance and 3" track.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
dont be such a hater i think cat made some needed improvements. Another manufacturer that realizes guys want a narrow machine for technical riding with a ton of traction with their new 3" track. would have been cool to see a 174 because that would have given the T3 a good run for its money but cant let all of your tricks out of the bag at once. its coming. for 2016 my second choice of sled would be this cat forsure with the narrow stance and 3" track.

First choice still that new Axis chassis? ;)

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

oh, not a hater...you built your reputation of bashing every brand but doo, I didn't do that to you

However, every once in a while, you surprize everyone with a rational post like the one above....lol

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to ride one and see how the changes affect the sled. I think all 4 manufacturers stepped up this year and improved upon good platforms (Sorry, I don't consider the AXYS to be all new, just an evolution to the Pro). I'm rather glad there wasn't all new designs from everyone, as it usually means a season of consumers doing the R&D, figuring out what works and what doesn't, along with a considerably higher price tag. I personally wouldn't complain if any of the mountain offerings were dropped off on my doorstep lol.
Hopefully the Team clutches work well, they were long overdue in my opinion, as was the narrow front end. Looks like Cat has taken a long look at what their consumers have been wishing for, as has the other manufacturers. Gonna be a good year, hopefully we get snow to go along with it.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the clutching ? Why would they not have went Yamaha clutch's ?
Proven and they work.

Can't speak for the primary, but the yammy secondary isn't designed for engine reverse. (That was actually an answer I got last year from someone knowledgeable.) It'd just have to be redesigned anyway and I'm sure it wouldn't be yammy footing that engineering bill...

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay ready to start the popcorn machine?
I am hammered on doolaid, but way to go AC!
Join with Yamaha because you can't quite engineer your own way out of a wet bag
New narrow 36" front end, done 4 years ago by doo
Put on a 3" track, hey Doo, but not full length
4 year warranty, hmm who did that first
Shafted secondary, hmmm, done by you guessed it, Doo
If you can't lead may as well copy, it's easier!

That being said, I do actually think they do look good.

K now I'll sit back and watch, LOL

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is the unlike/douchebag button...?!?!

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That's y there called copy cats

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to ride one and see how the changes affect the sled. I think all 4 manufacturers stepped up this year and improved upon good platforms (Sorry, I don't consider the AXYS to be all new, just an evolution to the Pro). I'm rather glad there wasn't all new designs from everyone, as it usually means a season of consumers doing the R&D, figuring out what works and what doesn't, along with a considerably higher price tag. I personally wouldn't complain if any of the mountain offerings were dropped off on my doorstep lol.
Hopefully the Team clutches work well, they were long overdue in my opinion, as was the narrow front end. Looks like Cat has taken a long look at what their consumers have been wishing for, as has the other manufacturers. Gonna be a good year, hopefully we get snow to go along with it.
Just like the xm was a evolution of a xp... I agree 100%

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Actually largest part is equalization payments received by Quebec goes to subsidize their education systems.... For example, Most of Canada college/university fees are well into the thousands, if not tens of thousands per student to attend.... In Quebec, it's mere hundreds. Jus sayin
..... Side note, bombardier is planes and trains etc....They sold that division several years ago. Brp is still the family corp, and it's skidoo, sea doo, evinrude, Lynx, rotax, and canam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Quebec government holds out lifeline to Bombardier:

Another reason why I'd never own a doo, remember all those equalization funds set from the Alberta economy to the rest of the country?...needless to say its going to all the wrong places!!

Bombardier and BRP are two separate companies since ~2003......before that....I agree with you 110%....government handouts is a major factor of what made Bombardier the company it is today......dependant on tax dollars to stay afloat. BRP was like the little rich kid who had a great start when pushed out of the house to be on their own....and they have done well....but they had a great start also.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I obviously need to stop living under this damn rock!!

Top Bottom