2016/17 Revelstoke Conditions

Reaction score
Does anybody know when the YamaCam will be up and running again? I personally appreciate all the effort people go through in keeping it running, so guys like myself can check in and see what is happening up there and have a better idea on when the first ride of the season will be.

Thanks.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Does anybody know when the YamaCam will be up and running again? I personally appreciate all the effort people go through in keeping it running, so guys like myself can check in and see what is happening up there and have a better idea on when the first ride of the season will be.

Thanks.

it's been running off and on, they don't have anyone going up on a regular basis right now to run the generator to charge up the system.

YamaCam | Revelstoke Snowmobile Club

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This upcoming forecast looks like junk. Hope the freezing level comes down.

revyfore.jpg

CanDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lets hope another big front moves through here real soon --- sooooo close ---

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That little gnome has been buried everyday I refresh the page. Revy getting snow.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That little gnome has been buried everyday I refresh the page. The Alpine around Revy is getting snow.

Fixed it for you...Nothing but rain in town even overnight. Keep in mind that the gnome sits at 6400 ft which is roughly the elevation of the gas drop at the Superbowl and over 1000ft higher than the Boulder cabin. All this snow is building an awesome base for the rest of the season but getting to it remains the challenge.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep need those Temps to drop. Jet stream is screwing us. Should drop down middle of November or so.

Cory G

Reaction score
How's the snow boys .. heading down today till Monday sail by looks of it has some deep pow .. how's frisby ?

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fixed it for you...Nothing but rain in town even overnight. Keep in mind that the gnome sits at 6400 ft which is roughly the elevation of the gas drop at the Superbowl and over 1000ft higher than the Boulder cabin. All this snow is building an awesome base for the rest of the season but getting to it remains the challenge.
Pretty much like all of last season, rain in town, snow above 900m.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
This afternoon up Boulder, Slim reports 60 cms heavy wet fresh. Gates will be open Fri. Please do not attempt to drive above gates. There is no where to park or turn around. There is an elevation closure to wheeled vehicles above the gates and we have just spent $15,000 on slashing, widening and culverts to the trails. Part of the work was building water bars above the gate to prevent the trail from washing away in the spring.

Slim said trail up is slick, time for good tires, decks and 2 place open trailers. Turn arounds and parking is limited.

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 771
  • today 4.jpg
    today 4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 782
  • today 3.jpg
    today 3.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 784
  • today 2.jpg
    today 2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 799
Last edited:

snow_farmer

Reaction score
Heading up tonight! Any way of getting the gates opened for the nice sunny day tomorrow? And is frisby gate open yet?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What? I don't have to deal with the willows and alders to the gate this year?

This is almost too good to be true lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Yamacam is back up YamaCam | Revelstoke Snowmobile Club

You can see there is less than 2 ft. of snow at the cabin.
I might just take my cooler, lawn chair and music up, find a place to park and watch the show on Sat.
At Boulder access is up the Kirkup trail only. Logging up Bezanson. Keep in mind you could run into tandem trucks hauling gravel and loaded logging trucks to the 3 km junction on Jordan Main.
Radio channel is posted when you enter Boulder front lot.

Top Bottom