2015 ram Cummins troubles

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A very long story , but a condensed version. No codes ,no lights , 15 3500 ram Cummins. Throttle cuts in and out constantly for a bit and then goes back to normal . Done all the filters , a couple of sensor s , hooked up to a laptop at the local diesel shop. Today a new throttle pedal assembly, still same . trans filters also done . All advice would be appreciated or a knowledgeable shop to talk to. Cheers

blubbles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gut feel says really check fuel filters. Mine dmax did similar things and had a broken piece inside one of the fuel filters gave me intermittent problems like that replaced them and never had another issue.

fynnigan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gut feel says really check fuel filters. Mine dmax did similar things and had a broken piece inside one of the fuel filters gave me intermittent problems like that replaced them and never had another issue.
Thanks , fuel filters are a week old , put on when it started this bs. Cuts in and out like a broken ignition wire on a old gas engine. Tonight it’s also giving a random dead pedal

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks , fuel filters are a week old , put on when it started this bs. Cuts in and out like a broken ignition wire on a old gas engine. Tonight it’s also giving a random dead peda

These trucks are all drive-by-wire - have someone scan and map whether the pedal signal is correct and linear.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fuel pressure? pump? you would think it would throw a code, stock or deleted?

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My understanding is all vehicles have 2 sensors in the throttle pedal, usually one produces an inverse signal reference to the other, so the ECU can reference both and throw a code if one or both sensors go bad. I'm not a believer that the pedal is the issue.

We've had 2 sources of issues with these trucks at work, one is when they are tuned and deleted, sometime the new tune software version doesn't co-operate with the old version causing issue. But this is always immediate after tuning. The other is issues with the ECM, we've had pins burn out on the ECM before, necessitating a new ECM.

It would be helpful to know if the truck is tuned. If it is stock the truck should be throwing trouble codes if it was low fuel pressure, or a variety of other things. If it's tuned its possible for the tuner to disable the engine light in an event such as low rail pressure, most tuners don't do this, but some do, running the truck while on a data logger would then be required to see what's going on.

You could try giving Supreme Diesel in Sexsmith a call and see what they say, if Ernie is around he probably has a few ideas as to where to start.

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the throttle valve still in it? Mine used to get a hesitation once in awhile until I removed it completely. Just momentary, not a total dead pedal but it was unnerving.

Top Bottom