2014 Ram 3500 6.4L

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know it's going to be hard on gas, being a 6.4 hemi. What about the rest........

good, bad, great, stay away, run, or consider buying it?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My dad has a 6.4 Hemi 2500 I think it's a 2016. He's not disappointed with the gas mileage on it at all even towing his 28 foot fifth wheel. His only complaint is compared to his 09 f150 the fuel tank is small.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am a fan of the hemi motors. If you drive them good they’re pretty good on fuel. Nothing sounds better then a hemi motor with good exhaust. I know the 5.7 has lifter issues but the upgrade for that is the 6.4 lifters so you shouldn’t have to worry about that. And imo I think the lifter issue is from guys following the computer telling them to change the oil. It’s crazy to me that a 20k oil change is ok. Like said the small fuel tanks on those trucks is crazy. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy one. I actually would buy one before a new diesel if I wasn’t pulling lots you’ll have less issues and cheaper maintenance.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6.4 has good power but thirsty. Rest of the truck is pretty meh, rough ride with the light gas motor up front instead of the Cummins, limited range with the small tank.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know it's going to be hard on gas, being a 6.4 hemi. What about the rest........

good, bad, great, stay away, run, or consider buying it?
I’m a Chrysler Master tech and Hemi’s are junk! I’m a GM guy because I grew up in a Ford family and was considerably tired of walking. Having said that, I’m seriously considering going back to Ford as they’re the only domestic gasoline V8 builder that doesn’t have camshaft and lifter problems. Just cam phaser problems… lol.

bendy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Phuk’n rattling Hemi’s. Sound like they’re gonna blow up when you fire them up when it’s minus 30. No block heater element in the coolant. Stupid!

2kDoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do those go into the 4cyl mode on highway?
Co worker has a power wagon and loves it, says the fuel aint bad on hwy unloaded when it does the fuel managemtnt thingy

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes. The only reason I used to plug in my gas truck was it seemed to warm up the cab a bit faster when you fired it up.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh yes. The only reason I used to plug in my gas truck was it seemed to warm up the cab a bit faster when you fired it up.
I just hit the remote start and let it warm up for 20min before i get in.

I dont do cold vehicles

Top Bottom