2014 Polaris Line-up Debut

Lanko

Reaction score
You can either get the 3yr warranty or a 2yr with up to $1000 in Polaris accessories from what I understand, not exactly sure what each one entails, bumper to bumper for 1 year and the remainder of the warranty being engine? Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

do you get a 4 yr warranty for that price on the poo? because you can with the summit

Last edited:

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"The 2014 Polaris Pro RMK gets an improved Quickdrive system, updated piston rings, small refinements and tighter tolerance thresholds to improve reliability.
The Quickdrive belt will be 25% stronger at hot temperatures and 40% stronger at milder heat. The specifications for each pulley will also have a higher production standard to reduce failures before and after the break in period. No tensioner and no machined pulleys.
Improvements to tolerances for the drive and jackshaft as well as torque specifications have changed to eliminate failures and premature shaft/bearing failures. A Service Bulletin was released to adjust torque specs last Friday for the 2013 Pro RMKs that will improve durability as well. The 2014 Polaris Pro RMK 600 and 800 will come with the driveshaft collar from the factory that was added to the 2013 models."

No new drive no machined pulleys

No hate on Polaris as I love my Asault, but I'm happy with my decision to go back to Doo for 2014.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can either get the 3yr warranty or a 2yr with up to $1000 in Polaris accessories from what I understand, not exactly sure what each one entails, bumper to bumper for 1 year and the remainder of the warranty being engine? Maybe someone else can enlighten us.

Looks like a 3 year "Polaristar Power" warranty or 2 year powertrain. Not sure what if this 'Polaristar' is all inclusive or just power as well?

Why wouldn't you go with doo for a 4 year bumper to bumper. Seems like a no brainer. Being Polaris's big anniversary next year is all great, but imo, I think there will be a lot of people on Summit's, etc, by then. The Pro seems like a great rig don't get me wrong, probably runs circles around my IQ, but BRP seems light years ahead. It's not just sleds. Park an Outlander next to a Sportsman and you get the idea.

This whole customization thing is cool, but I would rather have innovation, new technology, fit and finish. If I wanted a wrap, I would design my own and be unique. If I wanted my rails painted, I would do it myself. I suppose not everyone is willing to do that...I dunno. Kind of disappointing for Polaris really.

Not even Chris Burandts boyish good looks and one liners are swaying me over.

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll start by saying I like Polaris' products but I like my brp stuff more. I like the rmk's and I only expected refinements to the quick drive and driveshaft. sounds like they improved the quick drive but very disappointed about the continued use of the driveshaft collar. yes it works but it seems like a "we don't really care about fixing the bottom line problem cause you're gonna buy our product and we don't have to impress you". Just disheartening that they didn't feel like putting in the effort to properly fix the problem.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is really different about BRP shimming the tanks on the XM vs Polaris using a clamp to ensure there are no drive shaft failures. If the fix works what is wrong with it? Oh its a bandaid. Big deal.

I am not standing up for Polaris but they had an issue on a limited number of sleds and corrected the problem with a fix. If there isn't anything wrong with the fix should they change it?

sent from a top secret location

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is really different about BRP shimming the tanks on the XM vs Polaris using a clamp to ensure there are no drive shaft failures. If the fix works what is wrong with it? Oh its a bandaid. Big deal.

I am not standing up for Polaris but they had an issue on a limited number of sleds and corrected the problem with a fix. If there isn't anything wrong with the fix should they change it?

Do you really think Doo will be shimming the tank for 2014? I can almost bet they will have a redesigned oil tank next year. I am shocked the collar is staying. That is very Mickey Mouse. By then the dealer meeting was in Orlando....

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Shouldve painted the clamp pi$$ yellow wit a scary lookn bumble bee on it then it wouldnt be a band aid fix haha

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you really think Doo will be shimming the tank for 2014? I can almost bet they will have a redesigned oil tank next year. I am shocked the collar is staying. That is very Mickey Mouse. By then the dealer meeting was in Orlando....

Redesigned oil tank? No I don't believe it will be for '14.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
big_weiner_with_bow_1.jpg

a polaris fix. lmfao

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe sledneck_03's source.

What a way to shoot yourself in the foot. Do you know how many people will walk into a showroom looking to buy a 2014 PRO and will look underneath to see the new shaft and still see a collar.. I bet there will be many that will walk away. When the sled has a taboo, you get rid of it.

Burandt was right. just like he said in the latest vid. It is ridiculous.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
is this what your source told you? Is he the same source that said the Xmwas dropping 10-15 lbs next year? Lol.

You don't always get what you snowcheck...... They could still make improvements before the actual sleds slide off the assembly line. There is usually a little disclaimer at the bottom of the snowcheck... "We reserve the right to make changes before delivery"...or something like that.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I refuse to believe sledneck_03's source.

What a way to shoot yourself in the foot. Do you know how many people will walk into a showroom looking to buy a 2014 PRO and will look underneath to see the new shaft and still see a collar.. I bet there will be many that will walk away. When the sled has a taboo, you get rid of it.

Burandt was right. just like he said in the latest vid. It is ridiculous.

right, too be fair just cause sled rumors said it does not mean its right, just look at the news, sprawling for info and post stories with next to no info just to get a story out. Where did they get that info?? The new belt and stuff sounds good but the clamp thing looks to just be thrown in at the end of the paragraph, if they made the steel piece insert 2" instead of 1/2" and have a better quality process then that would make people happy.

I just messaged sled rumors to see where they got the info. If it dose not seem reliable i guess we can ignore it till the sneak peek events.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You don't always get what you snowcheck...... They could still make improvements before the actual sleds slide off the assembly line. There is usually a little disclaimer at the bottom of the snowcheck... "We reserve the right to make changes before delivery"...or something like that.
Betcha they don't drop them 15 lbs. maybe they might change a window height or something but you won't see 15 lbs. It doesn't work that way.

Top Bottom