2014 Freeride 174"

the_pegasus

Reaction score
So I recently got a new machine. 2014 freeride modes, has ice age rails on a 174" x 3". It supposedly has been geared to a 163.was told it has a mbrp can from a 12 and it will someti,es through engine light on from then temp sensor being at the wrong lengh. It appears on A arm is bent up front, could be smod but I haven't had time to look any further.

So I got lots of questions about this set up, it what I want to ride, just looking for some insight on modding this thing.I live for the deep and make my own trail, trees r good, love back country and the unknown

1.track. got 2 sets of wheels on each side. Plus scratchers. How hard will that lengh be on a machine made for 154?.should the gearing be OK or should I change it to 174 ?. Would rater have it set for longevity and reliability then blow belts. I am aware mountain magic drills holes in tracks to lighten then up and help with rotational mass, is that worth looking into?. It has a cr tunnel extesion, back shock seems soft, spring in back is set to 5 and still feels lighter then my 2015 summit X stock on 1, now is that cuz there is an extra 2 ft hanging of the back or a spring issue or shock issue. I will fix what needs to be fixed but wouldn't mind riding it once this coming winter to get a feel of it first

2. Front end. It looks like a A arm is slightly bent. I have been on a sled with a lot more damage and and it still did great. Either way, what up to switch it for a 36" front end? Is it upper and lower A arms and shocks? Should I change the plastic? What about after market, zbros makes a nice kit I believe.

3. Clutch. It has good old quick clickers, with the track should I be looking into a different set up?

Eventually it might get a turbo, or I have a spare motor with a turbo that can be installed, looking for some good insight. Might just drop it off at mountain magic in Edmonton and go from there

the_pegasus

Reaction score
DDd u use brp parts?,do the shocks fit in the new kit, what about all the plastics up front? Did u replace that also?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is a 2012 also. The first kit I got was used with the BRP curved lower a arms. I hit a tree and bent those. So I bought the normal lower a arms to replace. I used my freeride shock. Works fine. I didn't replace any plastics. Don't think you need to

towerrigger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your free ride shocks will fit the S36 kit from doo. Buy the kit, sell the shocks that come with the kit and use the stock piggyback shocks. Some will say they're not the same length etc etc. Ran mine like this for a while and it was fine.

gofast89

Reaction score
Sled sounds familiar..... if its the same one it works awesome

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom