2012 / 2013 Valemount Conditions and Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went into Chappel today, around 1-2cm's of snow covering the ice and rocks on the trail. 20- 25cm's in treeline and 70-80cm's in the alpine, only 2" on the lake. Made the complete loop stopped and probed over 10 areas in the alpine and same depth everywhere up their.

WOW thats thin for chappell, even for this time of year. Thanks for the report.

Weather forecast looks very promising, so lets all keep our fingers crossed

Im back in the mountains now, and will report the best I can as conditions change.

topsecret

Reaction score
Headed down there on wed with WKR...hopefully there is some kind of snow miracle over the next couple nights!!!!

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lots of losers crashing the lower gate today. should start publishing their plate #s. be held accountable for your actions.

sledhead80

Reaction score
Went into Chappell today, around 1-2cm's of snow covering the ice and rocks on the trail. 20-25cm's in treeline and 70-80cm's in the alpine, only 2" on the lake. Made the complete loop stopped and probed over 10 areas in the alpine and same depth everywhere up their.

View attachment 140982

OMFG you are nucking futs!!! No way I'd ride my sled with that little snow!!! Thanks for the update but ill wait a month so I dont have to ride what looks like a quad trail instead of a snowmobile trail!!!

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the guys up Chappel kept their sleds cooled with such little snow?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a little extreme,
having to go around a gate when the intended trail is obvious is a little extreme. sorry you drove 600kms but people been saying stay home the trail is unfit all along, so if you choose to go still, accept that the trail is shat or stay home. just sayin

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
having to go around a gate when the intended trail is obvious is a little extreme. sorry you drove 600kms but people been saying stay home the trail is unfit all along, so if you choose to go still, accept that the trail is shat or stay home. just sayin

Are you FN serious ?

so vern what are you saying about the gate ? Is it toast ? How the heck are they getting around that thing ? Pls elaborate and call me if you need to Ill pm u my number

depending on how much damage they have already done, this can seriously affect the trail well into the season..........I hope people can help us out with some self policing

Last edited:

Cameron

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the trails I am going up to Allan dec 1 hopefully it gets pounded before then

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know how the guys up Chappel kept their sleds cooled with such little snow?

I think you'd be suprised how little snow it takes to cool your sled.(depending how much work it's doing of course) I towed my buddy out of Allen last Spring on mud and rocks for a good 5 kms. I did pack the top of the exhanger with snow when I could get some but I had no temp issues.

team-x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on snow! Im planning on going on the 30th. Hopefully we get some cool temps and big dumps between now and then

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far we have not received the forecasted snow for this week......

I was out in the Allen area today repaired the destroyed gate the best we could for the year.

The good news is that the trail does have cover from the parking area although minimal and the old trail is said to be icey in the usual spots.

Please work with us in respecting the closed trail and it is only for the betterment of the trail in the long run.

Attachments

• 20121115_101005.jpg
    20121115_101005.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
Top Bottom