2011 april conditons

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats the road going up to bell staging area like is it all mud?

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
whats the road going up to bell staging area like is it all mud?

The road is muddy but its actually pretty good, most of it is dry there are a few softer areas but very driveable, just a note that they are working up there so keep an eye out for equipment.

A note on the weather, Saturday is supposed to be cloudy and cool with Snow in the afternoon

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea were leavin tommarow morning coming back tues room for one more

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the boys and me just got back from a week long trip... had a cpl of hours of sunshine weather but it was mostly cloudy with lots of snow.... all the trails up to renshaw, lucille, and belle were in fantastic shape, but we did just go after the groomer...;) the trail from the parking lot at renshaw was pretty much a mud trail with a water running down the center, but the rest was good.

Attachments

• P4100043.jpg
    P4100043.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 424
  • P4110096.jpg
    P4110096.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 417
  • P4120211.jpg
    P4120211.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 410
  • P4130243.jpg
    P4130243.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 415
  • P4140335.jpg
    P4140335.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 426

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well Boys and Girls we have come to that time of year again. Lucille trail will be groomed tonight for Sunday Morning, Belle is reported to be in great shape with lots of snow starting from the parking lot, Lucille and Belle will both be charged tommorow, Renshaw will not.

Tommorow is the last day of the grooming season. Starting Monday all hills will not be charged as they will no longer be groomed. I hope everyone has a great summer!

Thank you to everyone who made this an awesome winter! For the few who tried to wreck it I have one word....KARMA!

Ride safe and have a great off season!

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
14/15th Renshaw

silly pro track poaching

lookin up

16th Lucelle
looking into Larva

No one drop into the butterfly the whole time we were there. Snow all the way to the parking lot :)

AndyBaily

Reaction score
14/15th Renshaw

silly pro track poaching

lookin up

16th Lucelle
looking into Larva

No one drop into the butterfly the whole time we were there. Snow all the way to the parking lot :)
Thanks for the pictures! I'm planning to come tuesday for a few days. Can anyone tell me where you can park at renshaw now? Are you allowed to drive past the shack? And how far in the mud do you have to ride?

Also Steveo, why wouldnt anyone drop into the butterfly at Lucille? Too socked in? I'm bringing my friend from salmon arm who has never been to Mcbride or Vale area so I'm hoping it lives up to all my bragging :)

ONE LAST RIDE before the long summer :(

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
parking lot for the Renshaw.... still some snow in the trail leading up to the parkinglot (very little) as of Friday.

it was pretty socked in yest even for Lucille. once we dropped in and played in the trees for awhile, the sun was at least visble which made for great riding with 18 - 24" of fresh in the trees and a foot all around

Flygirl21

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mcbridebc.org
Well, apparently I need to amend my earlier statement, Lucille is still being charged, just Bell and Renshaw are not. Lucille was groomed Saturday evening for Sunday morning and still has lots of snow on it.

As for Renshaw you still cannot drive up the trail as there is nowhere to park or turn around just 2 feet of snow to get stuck in.

Have a great week!

NEVER MIND, plan back to original, ALL THREE HILLS are done for the season, grooming is finished so there will be no charge for any of the hills starting Monday Morning,

HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!

Last edited:

AndyBaily

Reaction score
ok just to be clear.. I seen the picture of the parking lot which is bare.. how far up the trail until your on snow? Or is it muddy pretty much the whole way?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
which one?

Lucille you can actaually back up to a snowbank on the sides of the parking lot. sled doesnt even have to touch any dirt

Renshaw im thinking you will have 3 - 400m of mud to ride. once past the booth the trail is great. only seen one patch of mud just after the 1st bridge. unfortately you cant drive up the Renshaw, so if you dont like toughin it in the mud its not the prefer choice

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not alot of snow on the trail from the collection shack up to the parking lot. great for snow from there to the top---Renshaw
good snow on the trail from the parking lots at Lucille and Belle

AndyBaily

Reaction score
which one?

Lucille you can actaually back up to a snowbank on the sides of the parking lot. sled doesnt even have to touch any dirt

Renshaw im thinking you will have 3 - 400m of mud to ride. once past the booth the trail is great. only seen one patch of mud just after the 1st bridge. unfortately you cant drive up the Renshaw, so if you dont like toughin it in the mud its not the prefer choice

Awesome! I could probably deal with a little mud for good snow.. Renshaw has never let me down before :) We did Chappell today and the snow was pretty wet and heavy, managed to find some untouched but Im really hoping to find way less tracks and fluffier snow.. yes I know its spring. Girls are allowed to be picky. Thanks for the response!!

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
My post from Friday night: We rode Bell yesterday. Trail up in great shape, and this was not being groomed anymore. Parking lot was good as well, not too much mud. The hill had between 3" in most area's and some you can find up to a foot. Thanks Darren at E&S for getting me out and going last week with all the parts and a loaner track. My sled worked awesome till the end of the day when playing and my primary grenaded, but having some good people in town, Barry and Rod, got another clutch delivered to the hill. We installed the temporary clutch and I was going again. Lucky I brought the clutch puller up with me this weekend. There was still some areas in Bell to play that were untouched. About +5 all day on the hill. We only seen about a dozen people yesterday. Today it bluebird, no wind, and a forecast of 13 degrees , see you at the renshaw.

Top Bottom