2010 Ranger RZR 800 Super ATV 1.5" Forward A arms contacting Brake Caliper??

bk720

Reaction score
hey guys,

I am working on a machine my brother purchased used that has the SATV 1.5" forward high clearance arms on it. The problem is when you fully lock both left and right, the Banjo bolts on the calipers hit the A arms. This causes the pads to spread and you loose brakes until you pump the pedal. Yes he has the steering spacers in it. Any idea why could be the issue? Nothing is bent and all looks as is should. The steering wheel doesn't even get 1 full turn left to right before parts are hitting each other. Turning radius is horrible.

its been a issue for a few months and he finally asked me for help. I wouldn't think SATV would sell a kit that has the dangerous potential of loosing brakes..

Any help is appreciated. I am a mechanic by trade so any ideas or tests I have no problem checking. He is frustrated with he machine and I'm sure its a easy fix just need some advise.
I included a picture of what I'm talking about.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• RZR 800.JPEG
    RZR 800.JPEG
    171 KB · Views: 157

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super atv is the powerfist of aftermarket parts. Doesn’t surprise me there’s an issue. Wheel spacers shouldn’t cause this. Does it have a lift or something that put the a arm angle different? Or maybe a lift might help.

bk720

Reaction score
Super atv is the powerfist of aftermarket parts. Doesn’t surprise me there’s an issue. Wheel spacers shouldn’t cause this. Does it have a lift or something that put the a arm angle different? Or maybe a lift might help.

Thanks for the response. It does have a 2 inch lift (rubbersdown customs) as well that bolts on the bottom of the shock to the upper A arm. I tried removing that to see if it made a difference but it did not. Last night I was working on it again and the only way I can get it so the banjo bolt on the caliper doesn't hit the lower control arm is if I extend the tie rods ends so the steering stops on the steering rack bottom out first. Only problem with that is the wheels are toed in on both side to the point they act like a snow plow. I did confirm that the machine also has a Super ATV steering rack so in theory you would think everything would work together but not the case.

And yes I agree Super ATV has been less then ideal to deal with. Their suggestion is always buy new A arms from us and it should be hitting. the Arms are not bent at all on either side. I measured them. other then that the machine runs great and is a blast.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can you swap the calipers side to side? Would likely need to reverse bleed as the bleeder will be on low side.

bk720

Reaction score
Can you swap the calipers side to side? Would likely need to reverse bleed as the bleeder will be on low side.
hmm I will have to take a look tonight. I want to say no they mount holes are side specific but I will confirm.

Jobu

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this one out for days and I've got nothing. I had a similar issue on my RZR with the tie rod ends bumping. It was interesting to figure out. I've got the 800S and it turns out the the tie rod ends connect on the top of the knuckle when it's an S model but the bottom of the knuckle if it's not. Took a while to figure that one out...

For your issue, all I can think is that those A Arms are made to go with a portal kit or some other upgrade and SuperATV doesn't want to fess up that they sold you the wrong thing.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure this one out for days and I've got nothing. I had a similar issue on my RZR with the tie rod ends bumping. It was interesting to figure out. I've got the 800S and it turns out the the tie rod ends connect on the top of the knuckle when it's an S model but the bottom of the knuckle if it's not. Took a while to figure that one out...

For your issue, all I can think is that those A Arms are made to go with a portal kit or some other upgrade and SuperATV doesn't want to fess up that they sold you the wrong thing.
My S has them on the bottom of the knuckle. They rub on my 14" wheels on the top and certainly don't clear the stock 12" wheels unless they are on the bottom.

bk720

Reaction score
Thanks all. After speaking with UTV Canada and some other UTV accessory dealers, they seam to think they are the wrong A arms. I'm not totally sold on the idea but i was able to borrow a set of factory Arms form the same year and machine and will try the one side tonight and report back. If we do have the wrong set then i would hope Super ATV would step up to the plate and help sort this out and maybe throw in shipping or something.

bk720

Reaction score

this is a very good point, Hopefully tonight I can confirm this.
year? Mines a 2014. View attachment 256067

bk720

Reaction score
Morning all.
Figured I would give an update. Low and behold I put stock A arms on from a same year donor machine to see if they still hit. And.,... Lots of clearance and get full steering without hitting.. I think the previous owner has been riding for years with the wrong lower arms on. I'm guessing he was sold the wrong parts from somewhere and just figured it was normal.

Any recommendations for different manufacturers that would make a 1"5 forward high clearance arms?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning all.
Figured I would give an update. Low and behold I put stock A arms on from a same year donor machine to see if they still hit. And.,... Lots of clearance and get full steering without hitting.. I think the previous owner has been riding for years with the wrong lower arms on. I'm guessing he was sold the wrong parts from somewhere and just figured it was normal.

Any recommendations for different manufacturers that would make a 1"5 forward high clearance arms?

High lifter makes quality parts.

Top Bottom