2010 Ranger 800

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the rated hp engine rpm? The hp is 46 but at what rpm? Thinking of buying one and all comments from owners or anybody thats been around them would be apprecieted.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you referring to actual at the wheel HP, if so I am going to guestimate at around 30hp. As for at what rpm, I would like to say around 90% of engine rpm as your torque curve is going to fall off after that.

You are asking for diesel engine specs,.. I rarely hear people asking about a rated for a gas jobber, the new Ranger 800 doesn't come with a diesel.

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am talking about the plain old Ranger. The hp is is most often rated at the highest rpm weather it be gas or diesel. eg 5.9 Cummins 325 hp @2900 rpm 600pounds ft of torque @1600 rpm. I was trying to find out the torque of the 800 so i can start to figure out if Polaris did there homework on the clutching.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hp is is most often rated at the highest rpm weather it be gas or diesel.

Sorry but that is wrong

There is a rated HP rpm, and a max no load rpm, I think you need some dyno time.

Your above quote is rated rpm, not max rpm for Cummins

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry but that is wrong

There is a rated HP rpm, and a max no load rpm, I think you need some dyno time.

Your above quote is rated rpm, not max rpm for Cummins

Why does this need to be complicated i asked for the eng rpm of the Polaris 800 thats all. You want to guess and argue i dont. I was looking for some info.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All my rebuttals were in regard to your post 4,.. I looked over the internet for you, but could not find an answer.

I suggest, you can either email Polaris Industries, or find a Polaris forum they might be able to answer your question.

You also have to take into consideration, torque can vary depending on tire size, and usually 95% of end users change tires. Torque is also dependent on speed,. more speed equals less torque and vice versa.

Another note,. rpm vs torque is not usually an issue with UTV gasser's, top speed is.. diesel applications is where its at if you are looking for a torque monster.

Last edited:
Top Bottom