2010 M8T PG Boondocker box #'s???

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wondering what numbers any of you with a 2010 M8 PG Boondocker kit are running...seems to be a bit rich in the low and midrange with the factory boondocker settings. Sled pulls good on top but after a long pull it bogs out like when i turn out and let off the throttle a little..1200-1250 egt temp on top. I ride Vale and Mcbride 6500-7500ft. Any help or #'s would be great...thanks guys.

snowseeker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well here is where I am at on my M1000 BD PG Turbo if this helps for starting numbers.
3000 -2-2 -2
4500 -2 -2 -2
PSI low 4 mid 8 high 20

mine seems to run good with these numbers and my EGT'S are between 1075 - 1250.
I notice I am a little lean going down the trail so i put the 3000 & 4500 numbers back to 0 across the board for thr trail down.
Hope this helps.

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Yeah it's completely diff for a 1000...even from 09 to 10 the M8's numbers changed dramatically. But thanks though. I got my PSI figured out at elevation and at about 4500ft the way it is now works awesome..its just at 7000ish when im of the throttle it has a rich bog when i get back on it. ohh well more trial and error with the 3000 and 5000 i guess, just sucks that i have to do this while im out west. That is how you clear up rich/lean spots in deceleration by changing the 3000 and 5000 right?

m turbo

Reaction score
You need to run air/fuel on all turbos!!!!!!!!! egt guages are to slow and un realiable. I've never had any more engine trouble with air/fuel!!!!!!!!!

Turbofreak

Reaction score
lol...im running a koso dual with fast response probes...not slow by any means but your right, i need to get an a/f gauge then i would know for sure and just tune till i get my own #'s.

Blow of valve huh...like the twisted kit...right of the charge tube?
Even if your only runnin 8lbs?

SNOW JW

Reaction score
Website
www.coderedperformance.com
Turbo sent you a PM send me back a PM with your numbers. Also what octane your running.

I am at 10lbs at 8000ft and 12-13 on two others with fuel upgrade packages a blow off is not needed tested with and without on M and EGT's work just fine.

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to run air/fuel on all turbos!!!!!!!!! egt guages are to slow and un realiable. I've never had any more engine trouble with air/fuel!!!!!!!!!

Egt's are actually faster responding than the AF. I only use egt's but both would give you the best of both worlds.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Egt's are actually faster responding than the AF. I only use egt's but both would give you the best of both worlds.

Carefull with other guys #s I ride with 4 m8 turbos and 3 are the same year. They all have a different map. They all have taken away fuel in the mid but different #s . Air fuel is a must to tune a efi turbo!!

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Thanks everyone who had input on this one! Especially Code Red Performance....Sled is dialed in, had to take away a bit of the PSI mid #'s and the 3000 and 5000 everything is -6 across the board except the 3000 low, it's at 0. I bump up the mid on all 3 settings for trail rides down on a seperate map, my egt's and plugs are telling me things are good, feel's good to have confidence that I'm not gonna "bog" for times that I do have to turn out and in the tight stuff i got that clean spool and responsiveness now that doesn't make me curse at the sled...lol. Once again S+M'ers, thanks!

Top Bottom