2010 D8 eating plugs

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies D8 is eating plugs for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Fix kit is done, compression is great, reflash is done, voltage regulator is good, always let it warm up properly, gas is good. Runs great when it has new set of plugs. Any ideas?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would change the plug caps to start. If they are burnt and have high resistance you won't be getting good spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Further to the above post the plug wires may not be secure in the caps. Sometimes the caps will loosen up and all it takes is to screw them securely back onto the wires. If you find they are not loose then I would replace both the plug wires and caps. Probably a lot cheaper by going to NAPA for parts rather than the dealer.

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. The voltage regulator was throwing a code- but no check engine light. Gauge and headlight was still working, so I assume it must have been just intermittant enough to foul a plug. We are going to throw it in this weekend and try again.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it does it again look at your plugs and see if it looks like someone drew lines on the porcelain with a pencil. If it does then you know your caps are shot. That's the arc that makes those marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It was the voltage regulator. Runs perfect now. Learn something every day. Thanks guys!

Top Bottom