2010 / 2011 Valemount Updates

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue Sky ? Sure that was from today ? It was socked in up there the entire time we were up. How early in the day was that?

Hope everyone was ok. These shallow rocky areas are gonna get someone soon if folks dont start heeding the warnings. Please play safe.

We did our work and then headed to the trees. It was awesome ! Weather was too bad with flat light to bother taking any photos.

Currently snowing hard in town:d

Last edited:

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya everyone just soiled there shorts,but no damage done,im not to sure what the name of the bowl is or how to send the pics off to cac

Goat Ridge. That spot slides many times a year, usually a bit farther to the left though.... Glad all are ok

Last edited:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why even play there. The signs to stay away were 100ft to the right where it slid earlier. I was on my way out of goat ridge when they just started climbing on that hill. I'm glad that everyone was okay but open your eyes and use your head. It doesn't take avalanche training to figure that one out.

sparkdawg

Reaction score
The pics are from saturday at around 3:00.I m not to familiar with Valemount but read on here that there was slides at both goat ridge and morning glory last week which i found helpful and makes sense because,yes there was a slide about 100 ft to the right.I m just trying to do my part buy making others aware of dangerous areas,and have no control of where or what others want to ride.i had no intentions on ruffeling any feathers buy posting these pics.

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pics are from saturday at around 3:00.I m not to familiar with Valemount but read on here that there was slides at both goat ridge and morning glory last week which i found helpful and makes sense because,yes there was a slide about 100 ft to the right.I m just trying to do my part buy making others aware of dangerous areas,and have no control of where or what others want to ride.i had no intentions on ruffeling any feathers buy posting these pics.

No ruffeling of feathers. The info and pics are important. It is just frustrating to see people putting themselves in danger when it was obvious that there was avy activity recently. Not to mention the reports on this site and avalanche.ca.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry scrfce for not getting back to u! i only had about 3 pics and they were from when it was socked in.. but the snow was incredible up there. we played in the first batch of meadows and stayed safe. It was all my stock m8 had to go certain places in there lol

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bahahaha chit head

the turbo m8 sure is though! :d itd come wheelie-ing over the places i would get buried in.. dont see the point in a 162" when you only use the last 4" haha

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our gooup will be rolling in Thurs night. Riding Fri-Sun.

Hope to see some of you out there. In the parking lot anyway. The rest of the time leave my snow Alone!!!

shawn800

Reaction score
maxwell if you comin up this weekend when you headin up , theres 4 or possibley six comin up this weekend if you ridin chapple would be interested in taggin along check it out only ridin there once or twice you seem to know that area pretty well

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BLUE BIRD DAY TODAY

Whom ever rides today is gonna have the day of the year !

Im off to meetings in Kamloops:(

Please dont forget about our CHARITY POKER RUN THIS SATURDAY. See our website for more info

hutch 63

Reaction score
There was about 6" of fresh snow monday morning at the Terracana when we left and was snowing good when we were leaving the hill on Sunday night.

Top Bottom