2009 xp800 bb kit, 860 or 880??

alpinehero

Reaction score
I would like to put a big bore in the girl just wondering what kit I should go with and who I should get to install it without having to drive halfway across the country. I'm already running nitrous on the sled. Thanks guys.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Caper11 on here We run and love Trygstads 872 and I see deals with them.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would deffinatlly go with the 860 any larger and the cylinder walls get scary thin.
Trygstads got a great write up about that. 872 All the way .SMOOTH TORQUE MONSTER

alpinehero

Reaction score
Ya it will probably Go with the 860. Is there anywhere in Edmonton who does good work heard specialty wasn't the best and absolute can't even weld a nitrous bracket lol.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could talk to Split Second in Valleyview or Arctic Edge in Crowsnestpass. Both have a pretty good name in the bigbore world.

alpinehero

Reaction score
Ya I know just Lloyd it 2 hours away from Edmonton and work is really crazy to get away till sometime in the new year which is gay

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
860 i think is the way to go .. my cousin had the 880 put in hers and split both cylinders and i dont think she got 10km before the first one went !

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how mechanical you are but you could always pull your jugs off or have someone do it for you. Then pick a builder and send them away. Then they send you back everything you need. Throw er back together, jet and clutch then your in business!

snowthing

Reaction score
ran mots 880 in my 08xp and it has 4000km on it so far no problems. its unfortunate he got out of the sledding end of stuff

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
880 put in nov of 2007, from splitsecond.... not much for maintence other than refresh pistons every 3k, worked very well over the years

TPOWER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just would like to be clear on my recommending this post, Sorry i clicked recommended this post, i did not realize absolute name was mentioned, I have nothing against absolute power or heard anything negative. my apologies to absolute.

Ya it will probably Go with the 860. Is there anywhere in Edmonton who does good work heard specialty wasn't the best and absolute can't even weld a nitrous bracket lol.

hivoltagesledhead

Reaction score
Lose the Noss and go with the 872...you wont be disappointed. Dave is a great guy to deal with and this engine has reliability and torque.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
880 BMP and worked good with no problems .
Tuning is key and recommend bored carbs on which ever you decide.

Top Bottom